Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch is tweeting out quotes from Oday and Markakis. They seem extremely disappointed. Nice to see them not giving some cookie cutter responses like a lot of the Ravens gave in reference to Ray Rice.

Not pleased, but supportive and team oriented.

Basically the things that make me believe that this team is alright and they will be alright.

Come on. Baseball players get Aderral prescriptions at like a thousand times the rate of the rest of the population. You really think there's a rampant epidemic of ADHD in baseball? And it just so happens the outbreak occurred right after they started testing for amphetamines? Amphetamines were the most widely, almost universally used PED in baseball. Heck, 10% of my high school football team used them in the early 80's. They had bowls of amphetamines in MLB clubhouses for decades. Davis very, very clearly violated the drug policy. This was his SECOND positive. There is zero evidence that MLB denied any legit request for him to use this. He screwed up and it's going to hurt the team. Stop making excuses. If he played for the Yankees the board would laughing at him and dragging him through the mud. Don't stick your head in the sand just because he's an oriole.

Roch is tweeting out quotes from Oday and Markakis. They seem extremely disappointed. Nice to see them not giving some cookie cutter responses like a lot of the Ravens gave in reference to Ray Rice.

Can't even escape Ray Rice at Orioles Hangout lol.

I do love the honesty of the team, honesty, yet, support.

Come on. Baseball players get Aderral prescriptions at like a thousand times the rate of the rest of the population. You really think there's a rampant epidemic of ADHD in baseball? And it just so happens the outbreak occurred right after they started testing for amphetamines? Amphetamines were the most widely, almost universally used PED in baseball. Heck, 10% of my high school football team used them in the early 80's. They had bowls of amphetamines in MLB clubhouses for decades. Davis very, very clearly violated the drug policy. This was his SECOND positive. There is zero evidence that MLB denied any legit request for him to use this. He screwed up and it's going to hurt the team. Stop making excuses. If he played for the Yankees the board would laughing at him and dragging him through the mud. Don't stick your head in the sand just because he's an oriole.

No one is supporting him. I have already said that if it were Jeter that got caught, I'd be damning.

2014 Davis is not difficult to replace.

I don't know. It seems like he might be starting to get it together. He takes a lot of pitches and can turn the game around in one swing. 3 starters will be tough to overcome but this team has been resilient all year. Hopefully they have just enough to pull it off.

What should we do, tar and feather him? He clearly made a mistake and is being punished. If amphetamine use is rampant in professional baseball perhaps we should look at why. Maybe asking MLB players to play 162 games in 182 days without using performance enhancing drugs is unreasonsable.

What should we do, tar and feather him? He clearly made a mistake and is being punished. If amphetamine use is rampant in professional baseball perhaps we should look at why. Maybe asking MLB players to play 162 games in 182 days without using performance enhancing drugs is unreasonsable.

What was the schedule before?

I was thinking that they should have a Chinese type baby restriction until the retirement papers are signed. You know. Like Jeter.

They need to get better sleep.

Chris Davis has a fWAR of 0.4 this season. Do you know what Kelly Johnson's is? 0.4 Ryan Flaherty? 0.3

What are we freaking out about again? This is not a big loss.

Isn't that a huge indictment against fWAR?? These advanced metrics leave a lot to be desired by this owg. WAR relies too much on very unscientific defense metrics...

Give me his good first base defense and power- particularly against the elite level pitching in the platoffs.

What was the schedule before?

They've been taking amphetamines in baseball forever. I agree with murphdogg, maybe it asking too much of these guys. 20 days off per season with 4 coming at the all star break. Maybe they should schedule more DH so these guys get more time off.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Archived