vs. YANKEES, 9/23

OFFNY

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I am not the only one, but man, I hate that stupid whistle after strikeouts in Yankee Stadium. It makes me want to break things.

It's the jingle (or whatever you want to call it--theme music, I guess) for P. C. Richard & Son, an electronics/appliance chain up here in the New York tri-state area. It is extremely obnoxious, both from a sonic standpoint, and because of the fact that it's just another corporate sponsor getting its licks in at the ballpark. What did weams call his visit to Yankee Stadium? "The most universally commercial experience on earth"? Yes. It is.

Ha! Sit, Captain!

It's the jingle (or whatever you want to call it--theme music, I guess) for P. C. Richard & Son, an electronics/appliance chain up here in the New York tri-state area. It is extremely obnoxious, both from a sonic standpoint, and because of the fact that it's just another corporate sponsor getting its licks in at the ballpark. What did weams call his visit to Yankee Stadium? "The most universally commercial experience on earth"? Yes. It is.

Ha! Sit, Captain!

I was going to say... there's a 5 sq. ft. patch in RF with no ads on the wall. Their ad department are a bunch of SLACKERS!

o

Michael Kay is continuing to review that 3rd strike call on Derek Jeter.

Jeter didn't like.

YES is still replaying it.

This isn't over.

Maybe Girardi will protest the game ???

Sadly, Girardi can't protest on a judgment call. I suspect we'll hear him suggest the rule be changed to allow protests over ball/strike calls in the post-game.

Archived