vs. YANKEES, 9/23

OFFNY

You know better than that. I didn't say he was, only that it would be a bad time to...i.e., keep it in check and don't implode. Seems to me you were being defensive in your reading. Thinking back to that June game (though, interestingly in that game it was the reverse with the first three batters...Gardner reached, then Britton got two outs), the batter in question potentially being a harbinger of very bad things, the sudden inability to find the zone against him...yeah, gives one a bit of pause there. Do you think I habitually have an axe to grind (we both know those posters are out there, I grant you)?

Either way, if the game threads piss you off that much, cut back. I did for awhile because of the rampant negativity going on at the time...I still don't read every post, and I'm fine with that. Now, if a side effect of that is my looking like a malcontent in a really small sample size because I don't post as much as I used to, oh well. The referenced post was a by-product of concern generated from reliving bad memories, not negativity. Calling me out like that...you're better than that, and I'm better than what you implied.

I was in Yankee Stadium that night. Beltran.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived