vs. YANKEES, 9/23

OFFNY

I think I'll watch the post-game show on YES just so I can watch Kay and Singleton blubber and sob about how Jeter couldn't save the day.

They'll probably still cry over the pitch he was called out on because you know Derek Jeter has never once gotten a favorable call his way in his entire career ever. I swear. Love Singleton as an Oriole but he's become an insufferable Yankee stooge.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eliminate the Yankees tomorrow and I don't care if he hits a grand slam in his final at bat.

Nah I want to eliminate em too but I don't want Jeter having any magic for his farewell at bat at Yankee stadium. The Ted Williams final homer is remembered even though the Sox were awful in 1960. Let Jeter K and look helpless like he did with thousands of Yankees fans who paid good money to watch a 600 OPS guy do what a 600 OPS guy does.

I'm hoping for one of 2 things.

A) Derek Jeter's final home game gets rained out on Thursday (and therefore will not made up, unless the Orioles finish the season 1/2 a game behind the Angels.)

OOOOOOOO OR

B) The Orioles beat the Yankees on Derek Jater's final home game at Yankee Stadium, and mathematically eliminate them.

The Orioles can eliminate them tomorrow.

That would be BEFORE Jeter's final home game, but I'll take it.

Nah I want to eliminate em too but I don't want Jeter having any magic for his farewell at bat at Yankee stadium. The Ted Williams final homer is remembered even though the Sox were awful in 1960. Let Jeter K and look helpless like he did with thousands of Yankees fans who paid good money to watch a 600 OPS guy do what a 600 OPS guy does.

That's actually the beginning of my video of "The Play."

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v340/if6was9/Brooks-THEplay.mp4&title=">

With the KC win and the Detroit Win, isn't their elimination number 1?

On another note, O'Day worked with Ubaldo on some stuff.

Yes, if we beat them tomorrow afternoon, they are OUT.

If we don't, then KC would have to win tomorrow night, AND Oakland would have to win either tonight or tomorrow night, to eliminate them.

Archived