This is nothing compared to 1969

Frobby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my 23 month old fell off of the balcony in our house onto a desk about 7 feet below and then continued to fall about another 3 onto the floor. I spent 4 or 5 hours in the ER this morning walking my little girl to cat scans, x-rays, ultrasound and the like. I tell you that not for sympathy but because I saw a woman in the ER that had apparently been in a car wreck. Her face was mangled pretty badly. She was in pain, severe pain. Not to try to dismiss what you're feeling because I hang on every pitch with these guys too and it really stinks to end the season this close to the ultimate goal.

I feel like I played in all of these post season games, the ups and downs just is draining. I'm extremely bummed out right now, I just watched all the post game interviews and I can't find anything to comfort the hurt of losing. It's part of being a fan though, this is why it's fun. This team is just so easy to love. I guess I wish we could have just won a couple games in the series, I think that would make it a little less painful than four straight losses in heart break fashion to end the season.

So my 23 month old fell off of the balcony in our house onto a desk about 7 feet below and then continued to fall about another 3 onto the floor. I spent 4 or 5 hours in the ER this morning walking my little girl to cat scans, x-rays, ultrasound and the like. I tell you that not for sympathy but because I saw a woman in the ER that had apparently been in a car wreck. Her face was mangled pretty badly. She was in pain, severe pain. Not to try to dismiss what you're feeling because I hang on every pitch with these guys too and it really stinks to end the season this close to the ultimate goal.

I am sorry to hear that. From what you write I take it she's okay.

Yeah I think the board needs some perspective. What's the point of gnashing teeth.

Hope things are going well. Your points are so true. My Grandmother fell last week and I found out right after we beat Detroit in Game 2, I wasn't able to enjoy the win as much. It doesn't look like she has much time left but she is 89 years old and lived a great life. Outside of my family the Orioles are my biggest passion and this hurts but we have to be a good team to feel this kind of hurt. We have a strong organization and I am confident in the people running the show, October is just so unpredictable. It took STL and SF a lot of playoff appearances in the late 90's and beyond before they both broke through with multiple titles. We just need to give ourselves as many chances as we can.

Archived