Buck tells 1057TheFan. Orioles are currently working on deals for Cruz & Markakis.

Greg

I would bet a sizable chunk of change that the Orioles do not sign Cruz before he becomes a free agent. I'm sure Dan is trying.....but I hope he doesn't meet the sky-high costs I'm sure Nelson is asking for.

Why do you think Cruz would want a sky-high contract? He went that root last year and got 8 million. The Orioles would obvioulsy make the QO so a draft pick would be tied to him. I think Cruz is demanding a reasonable contract or they wouldn't be talking.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you take a temporary budget hit in 2015, knowing Wieters and Davies are most likely off the books in 2016?

I dont' see any reason to expect Davis back. He hit less than .200, struck out all the time plays first base mediocrely and failed a drug test for a second time. No way they pay 10+ million for him.

I dont' see any reason to expect Davis back. He hit less than .200, struck out all the time plays first base mediocrely and failed a drug test for a second time. No way they pay 10+ million for him.

A contract that pays for WAR for three years in this case would be reasonable.

People are forgetting the 11.5 million and 9 million that can be saved by non-tendering Davis and Wieters.
You can get picks for each if you hold on to them and they have career average years. Don't see either being non tendered.As to Cruz his best offer may be the O's. Any one else would be paying for a 35 YO DH with a pick loss attached to him.

People are forgetting the 11.5 million and 9 million that can be saved by non-tendering Davis and Wieters.

With good reason regarding Wieters, because there's no chance they non-tender him unless they believe he's physically damaged. But Davis could very well be non-tendered - whether or not people are forgetting.

You can get picks for each if you hold on to them and they have career average years. Don't see either being non tendered.As to Cruz his best offer may be the O's. Any one else would be paying for a 35 YO DH with a pick loss attached to him.

11 million dollars is an awfully high price for a Davis lottery ticket

Archived