celeb's wearing O's gear

tutka

Brilliant episode. She is from Towson, went to Tufts University, and is an O's fan. I am from Pikesville (right near Towson), go to Tufts, and obviously am an O's fan.

This is Elaine the character though, not Julia.

I watched Inside the Actors Studio the other night with JLD on it. She said she moved to DC when she was 8 or so until she went to college at Northwestern. So she could very well be a big time O's fan.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fairly sure Rob Reiner (the director) is an O's fan. I was at a game last year when he threw out the first pitch, and I think he does that at least once a year.

To that effect, did Billy Cyrstal ever wear an O's hat?

Billy Crystal is a big Yankees homer.

# Edward Norton, Academy Award-nominated actor and grandson of James Rouse, made his professional debut at age 8 at Toby's Dinner Theatre

wikipedia.com

Wow, that's interesting -- James Rouse was an amazing man. He if I recall he is said to have "invented" malls and the planned community. He also was behind many of the more famous urban redevelopment projects like the Inner Harbor and Faneuil Hall.

Sorry for the interruption, back to the Celebs.

I remember as a kid' date=' in the Sesame Street movie one of the bad guys was wearing an orioles hat

:D[/quote']

My 2 year old son watches that movie three times a week now - I know it by heart at this point!

"Sesame Street presents: Follow that Bird" is the tale of BigBird's trip back from an adoptive family to Sesame Street. The pair of carnies are after him in search of reward money for his capture, and yes, the one guy wears an early 80's model O's hat (movie made in 1985). He also wears a dirty white baseball jersey with a black #8 on the back, but no logo or names on the front to identify as Orioles or Ripken specific.

We have to remember there are a good chunk of celebs that may wear a piece of O's stuff to show that they are from the area, but that doesn't mean that they are O's fans, or even baseball fans.

A real celeb fan is Nelly. Hardcore baseball and St. Louis fan. He had offers to play in the minors, but said had gotten hurt playing in HS and decided to form the St. Lunatics instead.

My 2 year old son watches that movie three times a week now - I know it by heart at this point!

"Sesame Street presents: Follow that Bird" is the tale of BigBird's trip back from an adoptive family to Sesame Street. The pair of carnies are after him in search of reward money for his capture, and yes, the one guy wears an early 80's model O's hat (movie made in 1985). He also wears a dirty white baseball jersey with a black #8 on the back, but no logo or names on the front to identify as Orioles or Ripken specific.

LOL:D What a sweet child!:)

Archived