Will Michael Cuddyer Be the First?

weams

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had a .500 higher OPS at home than away last season. Granted it was only like 50 games, but even the year before he had .150 higher OPS at home. Take him away from Coors and he won't be the same player.

In all fairness, Cudyyer had 10 HR and a .829 OPS in his last season with the Twins. And Target field. So it's not really fair to say Cudyyer is a product of Coors field. He's a solid hitter. I'd love to have him if no pick was involved.

In all fairness, Cudyyer had 10 HR and a .829 OPS in his last season with the Twins. And Target field. So it's not really fair to say Cudyyer is a product of Coors field. He's a solid hitter. I'd love to have him if no pick was involved.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll still be a solid player but he's also getting older and I wouldn't want to put him into the field since he had -18 defensive runs saved his last full season. I'd rather have him on a one year deal but I guess 2 years isn't terrible. I think he's about a 1-1.5 win player as a DH outside of Coors Field so I'd give him maybe 1 year/8 mil if the O's were in the running.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll still be a solid player but he's also getting older and I wouldn't want to put him into the field since he had -18 defensive runs saved his last full season. I'd rather have him on a one year deal but I guess 2 years isn't terrible. I think he's about a 1-1.5 win player as a DH outside of Coors Field so I'd give him maybe 1 year/8 mil if the O's were in the running.

I agree on the defense. He's definitely a DH. Not worth a pick, but definitely would have given him 2/20 over 4/60 for Cruz. Cudyyer has always been a good OBP guy.

You seemed pretty sure he he would have not too long ago.

I'm a little less certain now based on the others who have turned them down, and the persistent rumors that Nick could get 4/$48 mm or higher on the market (which I am still skeptical about, but those rumors are definitely out there).

I'm a little less certain now based on the others who have turned them down, and the persistent rumors that Nick could get 4/$48 mm or higher on the market (which I am still skeptical about, but those rumors are definitely out there).

They were talking on MLB network that the Tigers and Markakis ar a perfect fit. I could see the Cardinals too.

Yup, fair enough. I'm predicting 3/36 (maybe an option). That said, I think there's going to be a lot of money out there.

Well I will admit that I constantly called Weams on him constantly saying no QO would get accepted anytime it came up in convo and I was wrong.

The whole Cuddyer saga seems like one mistake after another that led to a positive outcome. Almost sounds like my first marriage.

I know you never really had it in for me on this issue. It's just factual. Amazing. But factual.

Well I will admit that I constantly called Weams on him constantly saying no QO would get accepted anytime it came up in convo and I was wrong.

The whole Cuddyer saga seems like one mistake after another that led to a positive outcome. Almost sounds like my first marriage.

I think part of it is the immense self confidence a lot of these guys have.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cuddyer says he would have accepted qualifying offer had he not been signed by the Mets. Well then.</p>— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) <a href="

">November 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived