Will Michael Cuddyer Be the First?

weams

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could they be in the hunt for a SP? Have they overcome their financial troubles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine the Mets would need to trade for pitching. They're absolutely loaded with with guys. Harvey,Wheeler,Niese,deGrom,Bartolo,Syndergaard,Gee,Montero etc etc. If anything I'd expect them to be trading 2 or 3.

I can't imagine the Mets would need to trade for pitching. They're absolutely loaded with with guys. Harvey,Wheeler,Niese,deGrom,Bartolo,Syndergaard,Gee,Montero etc etc. If anything I'd expect them to be trading 2 or 3.

I meant go after the top tier FA and use other guys as trade bait. The logic being they view the pick given up as a 2nd rounder. Or they move Duda, play Cuddyer at 1B and get Cruz or Melky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you turn down 1/15 to play in a great hitters' park, to sign with the freaking Mets for 2/21? Am I missing something?

It is his last contract. He hated the Rockies and their loser ways, and the Mets made it possible for him NOT TO BE THE ONE. Besides. They kinda compete.

It is his last contract. He hated the Rockies and their loser ways, and the Mets made it possible for him NOT TO BE THE ONE. Besides. They kinda compete.

I dunno, it's two years. And he's apparently making $12.5 million in year 2, which makes me think the Mets plan on him still having something in the tank. But maybe he just really wanted out of Colorado, and that's why he got the QO in the first place.

I dunno, it's two years. And he's apparently making $12.5 million in year 2, which makes me think the Mets plan on him still having something in the tank. But maybe he just really wanted out of Colorado, and that's why he got the QO in the first place.

I would assume that you are spot on. Also, the Mets money is still kinda funny. They probably love the idea of a back-loaded contract.

Thanks, Ken, I had been wondering.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wondering why Cuddyer would take 2/21 from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> as opposed to 1/15.3 from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockies?src=hash">#Rockies</a>? Maybe he just wants to be a Met. Close with Wright.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>By projections, they’ll be lucky to get 2 wins out of Cuddyer for ~$32m (2/21 + value of pick). I’m a little more upbeat than those projex.</p>— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) <a href="

">November 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Also, if this is anywhere near factual...Nick just got real expensive.

Archived