"Three Under the Radar Moves"

33rdst

We've wasted far too much tine with Reimold already. I don't see the upside to a Jim Johnson return. Hochevar is a failed starter and gas one solid season in relief. Question is who does he replace? Plus missed all last season with Tommy John. He likely will struggle in year one back as most do.

I think I'd pass on all three!

Reimold - No thanks, that ship has sailed. Hopefully lost at sea.

Jim Johnson - See above answer.

Hochever - We'd be paying him for his return year from TJ. He will most likely struggle if he ever returns to form.

These three moves would not improve the team, since they aren't better then anyone they would be replacing.

Wait. Run this by me again. These are the same Camden Depot people who are dreaming of yet "another option for getting rid of Ubaldo Jimenez." And they want O's management to bring back Jim Johnson??? :confused:

I realize that Ubaldo is expensive and had mostly a horrible year. But I saw him, both in real life and on TV. He showed definite signs of improvement at the end of the season. I also saw Jim Johnson on TV, in Oakland, before the As released him outright. He was getting absolutely pounded by Orioles hitters. They were having batting practice at Johnson's expense. It was sad to see. Then I read where the Astros treated him in the same manner that the O's did. I don't think he fared much better once the Tigers picked him up.

I'd sign any of them to a MiL contract, other wise no thanks.

When it comes to long shot reclamation projects, Hippocrates had it right. "First, do no harm." In this case, that would mean "Don't:"

Tie up a spot on the 40 man roster we might need for someone more likely to help us this year.

Spend money we will need to sign someone more likely to help us this year or in the future.

Steal development opportunities from someone who has not yet had his chance.

Stop looking for better bets.

Rely on long shots paying off.

If Dan lives that version of the Hippocratic Oath, why should we care?

When it comes to long shot reclamation projects, Hippocrates had it right. "First, do no harm." In this case, that would mean "Don't:"

Tie up a spot on the 40 man roster we might need for someone more likely to help us this year.

Spend money we will need to sign someone more likely to help us this year or in the future.

Steal development opportunities from someone who has not yet had his chance.

Stop looking for better bets.

Rely on long shots paying off.

If Dan lives that version of the Hippocratic Oath, why should we care?

If it is a minor league deal, it wouldn't take a 40-man roster spot.

I don't have any interest in Hocheaver because odds are he won't be able to contribute much at all this season coming off of Tommy John. I'd sign Johnson to a minor league deal easily and wouldn't mind if they did the same with Reimold (though if it were one or the other, I'd rather roll the dice on Johnson). We are talking about low risk minor league deals. There is no real harm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it is a minor league deal, it wouldn't take a 40-man roster spot.

I don't have any interest in Hocheaver because odds are he won't be able to contribute much at all this season coming off of Tommy John. I'd sign Johnson to a minor league deal easily and wouldn't mind if they did the same with Reimold (though if it were one or the other, I'd rather roll the dice on Johnson). We are talking about low risk minor league deals. There is no real harm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If Hochevar would accept the MiL version of what we gave Johann Santana in 2014, that would be OK. As for Reimold, would he be taking too many ABs from anyone we really need to see this spring, e.g., Alvarez, Urrutia, Lough...? I guess Dan would just cut him, if that became an issue?

Archived