O's have tendered contracts to all eligible

Greg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, so at the end of the season we had traded a guy who couldn't get anyone out anymore and got a guy who appeared in the playoffs for us.

He played because we had nobody else...cmon man:)

I love DD and all but rendering JJ was a misstep. My gut is Mutusz is too albeit a much less expensive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love DD and all but rendering JJ was a misstep. My gut is Mutusz is too albeit a much less expensive one.

JJ was dealt just before the deadline. He wasn't tendered until there was a deal in place.

How was it a misstep? Weeks made the league minimum. Anyone else that was on the roster would have cost at least that much.

How exactly were the O's hurt by tendering Johnson last season?

I have no desire to have Matusz on the team at the salary he will receive through the arbitration process.

I would not have tendered him unless I had a trade in the works.

How was it a misstep? Weeks made the league minimum. Anyone else that was on the roster would have cost at least that much.

How exactly were the O's hurt by tendering Johnson last season?

I have no desire to have Matusz on the team at the salary he will receive through the arbitration process.

I would not have tendered him unless I had a trade in the works.

See below.

Agreed. Makes zero sense to keep Matusz.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought he was tendered first. Thank you kindly.

Also, IIRC, there were rumors at the time that the O's and Dodgers had been discussing a deal involving Johnson and one of their outfielders, which fell apart when they couldn't agree on the money. That made it seem likely that the trade for Weeks was a fallback DD had to use.

That's it, I might have to join BL. The only thing that I asked was for Matusz to not wear Orange and Black ever again. Heck, I don't even want him pitching for the Giants. There is no way to quantify how much I do not care for his inability to pitch.

Also, IIRC, there were rumors at the time that the O's and Dodgers had been discussing a deal involving Johnson and one of their outfielders, which fell apart when they couldn't agree on the money. That made it seem likely that the trade for Weeks was a fallback DD had to use.

I remember that he had to scramble to get Weeks.

I love DD but some people blindly trust him too much. Too far extremes IMO. Matusz costs too much $ and there is no way you are going to get anything of value in a trade for a guy that can only face select lefties and is prone to breakdowns.

Archived