Markakis takes out a two page ad in the Baltimore Sun

Going Underground

That was a terrific gesture by Nick. And of particular note were these words: "I know that it's easy for someone who doesn't know me to make assumptions on my thoughts and actions. That's the price of being a professional athlete and I accept it. I sincerely hope you understand how difficult this is for my family and me."

So... anyone want to organize a crowdfunding drive for the fans of Baltimore to take out a two-page "We'll miss you, good luck" ad in the Opening Day edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution? ;)

I like this idea.

I love this idea.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do you think you are, a comedian?
Well, I do work for the government in a mercenary-like capacity.....

.....but I'm pretty sure the official policy is that we don't have senses of humor.

I haven't read through the entire thread but I can tell you right now that these type of responses from two of my favorite posters on this board are sorely lacking here on a regular basis.

Contrary opinion doesn't have to be welcomed but should always be heard as a dissenting voice lest we fall into patterns of lock-step thinking.

I haven't read through the entire thread but I can tell you right now that these type of responses from two of my favorite posters on this board are sorely lacking here on a regular basis.

Contrary opinion doesn't have to be welcomed but should always be heard as a dissenting voice lest we fall into patterns of lock-step thinking.

While I agree that it's good to have differing opinions and the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed on everything. It would have been nice to keep the thread on a good note. There was plenty of other Markakis threads to insert the comment. Anyways thanks Nick enjoyed watching you over the years.

While I agree that it's good to have differing opinions and the world would be a boring place if everybody agreed on everything. It would have been nice to keep the thread on a good note. There was plenty of other Markakis threads to insert the comment. Anyways thanks Nick enjoyed watching you over the years.

It's frustrating that you can almost never do a nice thing because someone will inject a "contrary opinion" basically stating that nice things aren't necessary.

I love this idea.

I'd love the idea... if Markakis had been traded. He wasn't. He chose to leave.

Putting a "thanks for the good times" ad in an Atlanta paper would be the equivalent of sending flowers to the gal who dumped you for another fella.

And people who casually toss around words like "pathetic" and "cancerous" make...what? S'mores?

I'm an a-hole. The difference between You and me is I know I'm an ahole.

You aren't clever enough to figure it out, or you are trolling. In which case you have won the internet. Or lost the internet. I don't know yet.

But the point is everyone who has to read your opinion in this thread has lost @ the internet.

either get good @ posting, or get smart enough to figure out how to not hit the post button.

I'm an a-hole. The difference between You and me is I know I'm an ahole.

You aren't clever enough to figure it out, or you are trolling. In which case you have won the internet. Or lost the internet. I don't know yet.

But the point is everyone who has to read your opinion in this thread has lost @ the internet.

either get good @ posting, or get smart enough to figure out how to not hit the post button.

You done learned me good, boss. Now please, for the sake of the children, get that massive thing off the table.

Go figure, looks like we make 'em pretty classy here in Baltimore.

If you're like me and were not bothered to see Atlanta pick him up, my condolences if reading this doesn't make you slide a little closer to the back of the bandwagon. Can be easy to forget that character is the sixth tool.

Could not have been stated better! :thumbsup1:

Good Luck to Nick in Atlanta - going to be weird to see someone else in right field next season.

I always felt we had a better than average chance of getting in that winning run when he was at the plate, with a runner in scoring position late in the game. He was a solid outfielder every year, consistently. I wish they would have just given him the 4 year deal but it is a business and it is the owners decision to make. Risk vs. reward. I get that. I hope he does extremely well in ATL and I will drive down to see him with my O's hat on, front row in the outfield cheering him on. Now on July 27th, I hope he starts a 3 game hitless streak and has 6 errors. :) Love ya Nick, all my prayers for your continued success in this beloved game we call baseball!

Archived