Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just heard from a source that Dan Duquette’s move from Baltimore to Toronto is getting close and going to happen... but it is unconfirmed..</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it doesn't change my belief that a significant return would be surprising and unprecedented. But it's possible that as long as this has been strung out, Baltimore got Toronto to cave into offering an unprecedented return. I don't agree with the arguments posted on here that a huge return is deserved, but that doesn't mean Toronto won't capitulate if the quality of return has truly been the holdup. My opinion hasn't changed; I just don't mind saying I could be wrong.

I'd be happy with a huge return. I don't expect it

You do know that Andy quit right?

What makes you think he would come back?

He left to spend more time with his father in the latter's last weeks of life. Andy was passed over for the commish job. I can see Peter reaching out to him to take over on an interim basis until interviews are done for the next GM. #rumorIamstarting

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just heard from a source that Dan Duquette?s move from Baltimore to Toronto is getting close and going to happen... but it is unconfirmed..</p>? Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="
">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So long Danny boy.

He left to spend more time with his father in the latter's last weeks of life. Andy was passed over for the commish job. I can see Peter reaching out to him to take over on an interim basis until interviews are done for the next GM. #rumorIamstarting

I would love to see the one person Peter trusts back on the job.

Wow, I would have no interest in bringing back MacPhail.

Make Brady GM, promote Rice and Graham to bigger roles, and higher someone with experience as an AGM.

I think someone before said promote Buck and hire Gardenhire. I'd be okay with that.

If' date=' IF, if Dan is really gone to Toronto, then that's what that Buck/Angelos meeting was about. I fully expect to hear Buck named G.M. with Brady being named something like head of player personnel.[/quote']

I honestly don't think your far off here.

I think someone before said promote Buck and hire Gardenhire. I'd be okay with that.

I like Buck so much in his on-field role, and I think he fits so well in that role, that I really wouldn't want to mess with that if possible. I also think two old-school manager types like Buck and Gardenhire could be a mistake. I'd rather have a younger, maybe more analytically inclined voice in the GM role.

Wow, I would have no interest in bringing back MacPhail.

Make Brady GM, promote Rice and Graham to bigger roles, and higher someone with experience as an AGM.

The decisions over the next twelve months will make or brake this team for a long time. I do not want committee that includes Brady making those decisions.

Like you, I am not making any assumptions about what has gone on here. However, I do think Toronto's apparent use of the media to interfere with the normal process, if shown to be intentional, is pretty outrageous.

I think it's in bad taste. I don't think it ultimately has any impact on Baltimore. If proven Toronto will get penalized to the extent necessary to make other owners comfortable that dirty laundry won' be needlessly aired.

I do wonder what folks would think if roles were reversed and we add the wrinkle that Baltimore tried to do things the right way and resorted to the media stunt after the other club continued to drag and drag and drag their feet...

Archived