Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would he have them on his no-trade list? Coors is the world's greatest hitter's park, especially for someone like him with moderate gap power, they're a contending team, it's not that cold there in the summer, there are lots of golf courses, Matt Holliday is one of his good friends... I can't imagine why he'd rather go to the Cubs than there. :confused:

Prolly cause they sucked going into last year. I bet he waves it now.;)

Why would he have them on his no-trade list? Coors is the world's greatest hitter's park, especially for someone like him with moderate gap power, they're a contending team, it's not that cold there in the summer, there are lots of golf courses, Matt Holliday is one of his good friends... I can't imagine why he'd rather go to the Cubs than there. :confused:
It is hard to understand. And don't they train in Arizona where he lives? Maybe he put them on his list before they made the WS last year. Very odd.:confused:

I wouldn't want to live in Colorado. I have a definite east coast bias. I'd go a little way off the coast like Chicago or St. Louis, but I wouldn't go there or Arizona. I could see him not wanting to go there. I don't think it is about money or stats so much with Brian.

He lives in Arizona in the off-season. I think it had to do with Colorado's competiveness, which has obviously changed since the year before.

It is hard to understand. And don't they train in Arizona where he lives? Maybe he put them on his list before they made the WS last year. Very odd.:confused:

He extended going into last year, so he thought they would suck. I understand it. Now, they are very good, I would bet he would wave it if asked.

Probably put that list together when he extended, thus Colorado sucked, thus he would now wave that.;)

Yea and if Holliday is his good friend and this got a lot of steam, I am sure he could be talked into it.

How could he not want to go to Colorado? There isn't one downside to it from his perspective right now.

I wouldn't want to live in Colorado. I have a definite east coast bias. I'd go a little way off the coast like Chicago or St. Louis, but I wouldn't go there or Arizona. I could see him not wanting to go there. I don't think it is about money or stats so much with Brian.
I've been everywhere in this country the last 10 years quite literally, and while I can really only live in NYC, or B'more, Col. was pretty nice, except for Greely(slaughter house odor). But I thought BRob lived in Arizona in the off season.

Yea and if Holliday is his good friend and this got a lot of steam, I am sure he could be talked into it.

How could he not want to go to Colorado? There isn't one downside to it from his perspective right now.

No there isn't. It is a perfect fit for him. I would absolutely love to get Ian Stewart from Colorado. Chris Nelson as well.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that he hates cold weather, but isn't Denver a bit warmer than Chicago?

No there isn't. It is a perfect fit for him. I would absolutely love to get Ian Stewart from Colorado. Chris Nelson as well.

The match is so perfect that it does make you wonder why it hasn't gained any steam...Maybe he has told the Orioles THIS OFFSEASON that he isn't interested in going to Colorado???

It doesn't make sense that this isn't happening.

Archived