Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

The Cubs offers that don't involve Pie are no good, and none of them will amount to anything!

I'm a O's fan & I totally disagree with you on this one. We have our CF ... Pie doesn't fit... Surely you could say Murton doesn't as well ... But Scott could play

1B or DH. The same with Murton... Neither can be said about PIE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gallagher and Colvin? I don't like Colvin at all, so maybe. I just don't like the fact that we got so little value out of a guy that was taken ahead of Travis Snider.

Yeah especially since Colvin was a reach since he was projected to be a late 1st/early 2nd rounder.

"the vast majority of the board",

Why are you quoting "the vast majority of the board"? Those were your words, not mine.

So, just post me one example of a person with 3K+ posts who insulted the Cubs offer. Just one.... It should be easy if you've seen "plenty".

I said they don't think the offer is good, I never said "insulted." But you want a name? Okay, bigbird. Again, I'm not criticizing him or saying anything negative at all, I'm simply giving you somebody who has talked the Cubs offer down.

I've proved that you either lied or overstated things (I can't be sure of your intent) multiple times over the last three pages. Go back and re-read and it should become clear to you.

No, you just continue to put words in my mouth, even going as far as using false quotes the last time. I've lied about absolutely nothing. You're just not comprehending what I'm saying, which is not my fault.

Christ, some of these Cubs fans have got to be the most obnoxious people in the world. I think they must go around to the message board's of the teams that are in a slightly worse position than they are just to talk down to the other team's fans. It's also amusing to see the way the respond to the proposed trades with what can only be anger b/c they feel they aren't getting enough back. Anyway, when you haven't won the World Series in 100 years I guess you have to find someone to talk down to.:rolleyes:

I agree they may be loyal fans.....but they think they can get who ever they want......They wan B-Rob and they are willing to give a have hotdog with no wrapper and a peice of Wrigley's Grass...

I agree they may be loyal fans.....but they think they can get how ever they want......They wan B-Rob and they are willing to give a have hotdog with no wrapper and a peice of Wrigley's Grass...

There's another perfect example of what I'm talking about, vatech.

I agree they may be loyal fans.....but they think they can get who ever they want......They wan B-Rob and they are willing to give a have hotdog with no wrapper and a peice of Wrigley's Grass...

Oh by the way, where are the better offers? They should be rolling in left and right, right?

You didn't get much value for Scott Moore either.

We got way more for Trachsel then we should off...Moore is a solid 3rd Baseman prospect may not hitt for good average but if played everyday is a 15+ Homer guy maybe 20+ and Rockey Cherry will help us in future i know it he is a above average pitching prospect with a name that makes me want Ice Cream.

So, now you've changed your story again. Just two pages ago you wrote that "a large group of us were discussing how the Cubs offer was crap". I can post the link if you want me to. I think you actually wrote it a couple different times. Now, suddenly, we weren't insulting the offer at all. So, how did BB classify the offer? Please tell me and then tell me how anything he wrote had anything to do with what you wrote earlier. I'll go find it and post it here so you can compare easier. Give me a sec....

This guy is full of crap. I said it was marginal talent that we didn't need. That's being relaistic. If Murton was so good why would the Cubs spend the major $$$$ on a player who has never had an AB in the majors??? IF Patterson was a major league quality 2B why would they want Roberts??? These guys are nice players but really nothing special.

I think AM said something in the presser that makes the roberts deal with the Cubs very unlikely. He actually indicated we were going to play games this season and we were going to actually try to win a couple of them. That being said I don't think the Cubs deal is going to help at that level. I would bet than if the Cubs had a Votto type 1b prospect to go with Gallager there would be a deal to be had. The truth is Murton is not better than Scott now and would have to develop to become what Scott is now. I think he probably does that but it is not a sure thing by any means. The problem with the Cubs offer is really that the two clubs don't quite match up IMO. The other suspects are simply not good enough to give up a allstar level player or even near allstar level player for.

This guy is full of crap. I said it was marginal talent that we didn't need. That's being relaistic. If Murton was so good why would the Cubs spend the major $$$$ on a player who has never had an AB in the majors??? IF Patterson was a major league quality 2B why would they want Roberts??? These guys are nice players but really nothing special.

Did you even read my post? I said you didn't insult it. I said exactly what you said in this post. I love how you guys are jumping all over me and putting words in my mouth.

Archived