Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

Yeh, I caught up when you were typing this. A little slow in the thinker right now. Arguing with someone who denies his own words will do that to a person.

There you go trashing me again, while failing to acknowledge my last post.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally if the Rockies are interested in this I think the O's should pursue it. As a Cubs fan I would not mind that at all, cause the 4 for 1 just seems really expensive.

Well, I like the 4 for 1 deal, though it is expensive and I really don't know why exactly the Cubs need Roberts so badly. DeRosa is a good 2B. However, if Hendry wants to be stupid, I certainly won't complain.;)

We are still talking to the Cubs because Hendry and Piniella want him. Piniella has seen him up close numerous times when he was with Tampa. They will do what it takes to get our all-star 2B even though I think Cleveland matches up better with us if Peralta is in the deal. He is better than any of the hitters being discussed with the Cubs.

There are too many Cubbies fans on this site but .....there were some Mariners fans also and now they have gone away. Certain people on here will never see 500 posts because the deal will be done before that happens. Most of us on here know value and the Cubs are not going to fleece the Orioles. Get ready Cubbie fans for another great deal by AM if you are the lucky team to get Roberts who is a special player and one I again hate to give up.

We should not waste our time giving the Chicago people so much of our time. Are all of you transplants living here with fake addresses or are you out in the cold, windy city of Chicago? I've heard you had a bad winter so that probably explains some of the moody posts.

What is wrong with a starting five of Zambrano, Lilly, Lieber, Marquis and Gallagher?

Here's the problem in a nutshell. Cub fans don't think BRob is much of an upgrade and don't want to give up too much for him. Oriole fans feel they don't have to trade BRob for a "fair deal" just to get rid of him. O's fans feel that the Cubs want BRob and will give a little or a lot extra for him. Cub fans can't stand this line of thinking. But it all boils down to how badly Jim Hendry wants BRob, not how badly or how little Cub fans want him.

Right...Every discussion turns into what the Cubs fan wants...What they want and what Hendry and Lou want are 2 different things.

Here's the problem in a nutshell. Cub fans don't think BRob is much of an upgrade and don't want to give up too much for him. Oriole fans feel they don't have to trade BRob for a "fair deal" just to get rid of him. O's fans feel that the Cubs want BRob and will give a little or a lot extra for him. Cub fans can't stand this line of thinking. But it all boils down to how badly Jim Hendry wants BRob, not how badly or how little Cub fans want him.

This pretty much nails it. If you read the articles in the Tribune and Herald today you can't help but think that The Cubs are ready to make a significant offer for Brob.

I had some relatives who lived there. I liked it ok when I visited, but I wouldn't want to live there. I feel that way about most of the mountain and west coast time zones. My career has taken me all over the west coast. California is beautiful, but I just don't want to live there. Same with Seattle. No one reason why. Just an east coast guy I reckon.
My tours have taken me everyhwhere and the only area I definiely could not live in is the Mid West. I tried twiceonce in Milwaukee oand once in St Louis Just couldn't do it. I felt like I was missing out on all the action back East. But I liked places as disparate as Eugene OR, Billings Montana, San Luis Obispo, Sarasota FL, Anchorage AK, Santa Barbara and of course, San Francisco.:D

We are still talking to the Cubs because Hendry and Piniella want him. Piniella has seen him up close numerous times when he was with Tampa. They will do what it takes to get our all-star 2B even though I think Cleveland matches up better with us if Peralta is in the deal. He is better than any of the hitters being discussed with the Cubs.

There are too many Cubbies fans on this site but .....there were some Mariners fans also and now they have gone away. Certain people on here will never see 500 posts because the deal will be done before that happens. Most of us on here know value and the Cubs are not going to fleece the Orioles. Get ready Cubbie fans for another great deal by AM if you are the lucky team to get Roberts who is a special player and one I again hate to give up.

We should not waste our time giving the Chicago people so much of our time. Are all of you transplants living here with fake addresses or are you out in the cold, windy city of Chicago? I've heard you had a bad winter so that probably explains some of the moody posts.

What is wrong with a starting five of Zambrano, Lilly, Lieber, Marquis and Gallagher?

Section18,

I don't know if you have any inside information, but I find it very hard to believe that the Cubs would give up Rich Hill in a Roberts deal. If Andy could pull that one off, I'll send the wife down there for a "happy ending" to this trade! :P

I haven't responded in several pages since apologizing to the board.... I put him on ignore. Is he still going? LOL

Sorry, I've been trying to skip over the squabbly posts so I wasn't exactly sure who else was still fighting. I just want it to end. How ironic that sweet little Brian would be at the center of all this animosity.

Archived