Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Gallagher,Murton,Cedeno is pretty close... I'd be surprised if the offer didn't include 1 or 2 A/AA prospects as well. Knowing Andy 1 of those would most likely be Veal.

Doubtful.....We probably have 15 pitchers better than Veal. We'll request a position prospect if this deal goes down.

Publicly I am right too. Can you find me a quote where one GM says they won't talk to a player on the Mitchell Report? These GMs do NOT care.

Ugh, where did I ever say that a GM wouldn't trade for him? Again, people need to stop putting words into my mouth. I said that it takes away from his value to a certain extent. I think that's pretty obvious.

I've been trying to talk about a Rockies deal but it's hard to get a word in between the sniping.:rolleyes:

I hear ya El Gordo! I think the Rockies are a great fit,too. I think they have pretty much decided to start the season with Giles at 2B, but if he has a poor ST or struggles early in the season, I think Roberts would be very attractive to them.

Yes we do and AM will keep him if needs be.

But MacPhail wants Roberts gone, i have no doubt about it.

He needs to call up the Rockies...They really do make the most sense....The style that they play suits BRob perfectly.

Now, maybe they like Nix enough not to give up the talent to get Roberts???

And what about Peralta? If Peralta and another good young player is on the table, that's also a trade you need to make.

His defense is improved and he hits better than the average SS...He is young and has a good contract the next 3-4 years.

I'd love to get Peralta and Miller, but I think we'd have to give up more than Roberts for both of them.

If we had to choose, who would you guys rather have between the two?

Doubtful according to who? Has this been discussed and they know he would turn them down or is this just an assumption?

It's my understanding Roberts has an 8 team partial no trade right and had advised the Os on which teams he would accept a trade to. MAybe Peace can shine more light on that.

Doubtful.....We probably have 15 pitchers better than Veal. We'll request a position prospect if this deal goes down.

Maybe I'm wrong .... But watching how Mcphail seems to do pitching heavy deals. I'd bet he'd want another young pitcher. My opinion is based on the trades he's made.

He's made 3 trades & gotten 8 pitchers & 4 positon players (Scott,Costanzo,Moore, & Jones) .

It's my understanding Roberts has an 8 team partial no trade right and had advised the Os on which teams he would accept a trade to. MAybe Peace can shine more light on that.

Do you know when he told the Orioles this list?

Was this something he did when the contract was signed or did he do it this offseason?

Ugh, where did I ever say that a GM wouldn't trade for him? Again, people need to stop putting words into my mouth. I said that it takes away from his value to a certain extent. I think that's pretty obvious.

I don't think it is obvious. I don't think that coming up on the Mitchell Report hurts these guys value at all. I think that the GMs don't care a lick, which is why I said that I don't think one GM has said a word about avoiding players caught having used steroids. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, rather I was making a point that these GMs simply don't care.

I'm sorry. I truly am. I simply can not stand when someone behaves this hypocritically. He should either stand by what he wrote, clarify what he wrote, or apologize and move on. However, I'm done with it now. He is going on ignore.

Again, I'm sorry.

How am I being a hpyocrite? Look, you analyze the words however you want to in order to make me look bad, but the point to my statements were that people were critical of the Cubs offers. I honestly don't understand how you're having such a hard time understanding that. All of my posts were meant to same the same thing and you know it. For example, if in one post I said that Murton was "alright", and then later referred to him as "mediocre", you'd quote both of those statements and say something like: "I caught you in another bold faced lie. First you say that he's alright, then you change your story and say he's mediocre". Obviously that's an exaggerated comparison, but it's exactly what you're doing. You know perfectly well that all my posts were meant to say the same thing.

Rox are on Roberts no trade list and it's doubtful he'll agree to go there.

Why would he have them on his no-trade list? Coors is the world's greatest hitter's park, especially for someone like him with moderate gap power, they're a contending team, it's not that cold there in the summer, there are lots of golf courses, Matt Holliday is one of his good friends... I can't imagine why he'd rather go to the Cubs than there. :confused:

Also, he was hardcore rooting for the Rockies in the playoffs if you listened to his spots on the Anita Marks show. He sounded like he would've given his left nut to be on the Rox.

Archived