Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the problem. Someone talks realistically about the value of the Cubs players (which obviously may not include all compliments) and it's okay. Then I respond by realistically valuing Roberts with counter arguments that should detract a bit from his value, and all of a sudden I'm "trash talking".

I'm sure you would get no argument on a Cubs board about your feelings. While not much said on these boards really has any effect on what happens. Why does you feel the need to go up in arms over it? I doubt you'd find many of the guys here arguing on the Cubs board. Really the O's fans that attempts it would be well a Fool. As its a no win proposition.

I linked to your entire post and highlighted the whole part about Roberts. You weren't trying to present a fair, objective viewpoint at all. You were trolling.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1207886&postcount=78

Yeh, that is a wonderful, even-handed analysis. :rolleyes:

Are you honestly having trouble comprehending that? I may have sounded very blunt when I said that, but it was by no means worse than the tone you used to describer the NL Central. Why is nobody allowed to say things that aren't complimentary towards a player? If I say a pitcher walks too many guys, does that mean I'm being a jerk?

You tell him Cindy!

Ditto. Offer him a 5 year extension. Imagine Tex, RRob, Matt Weiters, Nick, Adam, and the new kids on the mount. Wow! By the end of 2009 (not 2019), we could be saying, "what rebuilding", we are contenders! 1960-61 all over again!

I agree with everything you say. The thing is, just because it's "not needed" by the Orioles doesn't mean that it's okay for Hendry to overpay. These players still have value elsewhere if they don't have a ton of value to the Orioles. If Hendry gets Roberts, he'll likely have overpaid for him.

Who do Murton and Cedeno have value to right now????

Your standpoint because it seems like you are running the show

Why, because I'm discussing what I think is fair? Isn't the point to discuss what we think is best for the team? As bigbird says, I don't think the Cubs and Orioles are the best match right now, and I'm at the point where I'd like Hendry to walk away, because I feel he is going to get ripped off if he makes this deal.

Why, because I'm discussing what I think is fair? Isn't the point to discuss what we think is best for the team? As bigbird says, I don't think the Cubs and Orioles are the best match right now, and I'm at the point where I'd like Hendry to walk away, because I feel he is going to get ripped off if he makes this deal.

Just answer the question. I asked for your standpoint...better yet please tell me how valuable Roberts is to the Cubs.

By far the vast majority of this board has never written anything remotely like this. I know I've never done it. Neither have any of the senior posters on this board. If you disagree, please provide links to prove your point. They should be very easy to find using the search function if these posts are as prevalent as you're leading us to believe.

I love how you get caught in a lie and you just divert things by typing generic stuff like this. You blatantly overstated things. Just admit it. It won't hurt.

Just how do you define what a senior poster is??? Do you think you opinion is more valuable than mine???? Just wondering!

Who do Murton and Cedeno have value to right now????

I recall the Padres having interest in Murton. I'm high on the Pads Matt Antonelli and wish we'd take a look and see if there's a deal there. Antonelli plays 2b and 3b but the Pads are throwing him into the OF.

By far the vast majority of this board has never written anything remotely like this. I know I've never done it. Neither have any of the senior posters on this board. If you disagree, please provide links to prove your point. They should be very easy to find using the search function if these posts are as prevalent as you're leading us to believe.

I love how you get caught in a lie and you just divert things by typing generic stuff like this. You blatantly overstated things. Just admit it. It won't hurt.

Do you have any idea how many topics and posts there are about the Cubs? The first 2 pages of results were of this thread alone. I have seen plenty of people, senior members included, that have said the Cubs offer is not good.

Do you get that the points you chose to use as your "analysis" are very minor points in the grand scheme of things? I can't even believe you are trying to sell what you typed as analysis. If that is your version of analysis, we're wasting our breath.

And again, you get caught in a lie/mistatement and throw out a silly straw man argument to divert attention.

Ohh, straw man. Well done. Please explain to me how I lied. Please.

Would you trade Gallagher & Colvin for Roberts?

Veal & Colvin?

Anything and Colvin?

Gallagher and Colvin? I don't like Colvin at all, so maybe. I just don't like the fact that we got so little value out of a guy that was taken ahead of Travis Snider.

Archived