Feeling very optimistic about the O's.

33rdst

I have higher hopes for Manny than even his family does for points already mentioned by Frobby. When he's on, he has excellent plate coverage. He'll drive the ball to the opposite gap, and the opposing pitcher cannot make a mistake inside.

Schoop, I didn't see enough out of him last year to be too hopeful. His idea of plate coverage is to pull the outside pitch. Granted, he had some amazing homers off those, especially against Tanaka.

Gausman...it is and always will be his FB command. He falls behind in the count far too often, and his secondary pitches play off that fastball.

Bundy...waiting for 2016. I'd love to see him here in September though.

Walker...not a whole heckuva lot of expectation from him.

I'm optimistic for the 2015 O's as well!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been in Maryland almost 30yrs now so am a full fledged Oriole fan but I grew up in Chicago as a Cubs fan and moved to Maryland at age 16. I spent many a summer in my youth at Wrigley. Its a sad and pathetic existence to be a Cubs fan, the air is thick with defeatism. Hell I knew and call something like Bartman happening, everyone who has ever been a Cubs fan knew that was coming.

Nothing would make me happier in life than a parade in Baltimore for the O's winning a WS championship. I will say however that there is no fan base in baseball more deserving and long suffering than Cubbie fans. So if we happen to be out of play for a championship in a given year and the Cubs are in play, I beg all of you to send winning vibes to the Cubbies

Well, they are supposed to win the World Series this year.

Against Miami.

Believe me, the Cubbies will find some way to blow it. Which is what they did in 1969. I'm from Chicago originally and when I was young, my brothers tried to brainwash me into becoming a Cubs fan. But I rebelled and became a White Sox fan.

I moved to Maryland over 25 years ago. Though I still have a soft spot for my White Sox, I've become an Os fan through and through. :o

Archived