Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

Frobby

Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

• I hate them MORE than NY and Boston!
    • Yes, and I doubt that will change
    • Yes, for right now, not forever
    • No, NY and Boston are still worse

This poll is closed to new votes

I've disliked Toronto for a while now, because of suspicions that they've cheated and certain players who seem a bit chippy. But I never really despised them -- until now. I think if you asked me who I'd like to finish last in the AL East this year, I'd choose the Blue Jays right now. I really hope we kick their butts this year. How about you?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've disliked Toronto for a while now, because of suspicions that they've cheated and certain players who seem a bit chippy. But I never really despised them -- until now. I think if you asked me who I'd like to finish last in the AL East this year, I'd choose the Blue Jays right now. I really hope we kick their butts this year. How about you?

I'm an American. Through and Through.

The Yankees and Red Sox still hold that place in my heart reserved for pure baseball hatred. Toronto is a close third and rising fast. I'm feeling a whole lot of anger toward DD these days. He's certainly manipulated Toronto's stupidity to his advantage. Too bad, I genuinely admired what he's done for the O's. Kind of just saw him as a lovable baseball nerd. Now I just view him as just another opportunist.

1989 final weekend, Cito not putting Mussina in the 93 ASG (I was there, 11 years old and heartbroken) and...this.

Rot in hell, Toronto. I hate you, your clean cut Canadian ways, your dumbass retractable dome stadium that went out of style after Camden Yards came along and showed everyone what a real baseball stadium was supposed to look like, your stupid jerseys and changes over the years, Joe Carter jumping around, John Olerud wearing his batting helmet in the field, Paul Molitor, Cito Gaston, I could go on. #@$% them, right in the neck. I hope they have, like, 10 Vernon Wells contracts that they can't get out of and sink into the abyss.

I've hated them for a while. Or at least the current incarnation (or is that Encarnacion) of them. They just seem like a team full of jerks. Now they've added Donaldson, which doesn't exactly help (though they got rid of Lawrie, so that's probably a jerk-neutral move). I think they're a team though where I don't dislike the team itself, just their current players on the roster.

Believe it or not, I might hate them more than NY or Boston right now. At least those teams were well run and consistent winners, at the very least I can respect that. The Blue Jays haven't done a thing in 20 years and their players and fans all act like an entitled bunch of punks.

I think success will make us hate them on par with the Sox and Yankees.

At this point, they are more like an annoying fly.

Plus-I blame DD really. If he wasn't interested and dedicated to Baltimore, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

As a recent fan, I haven't experienced the division-crushing might of the Yanks or Sox as personally as you all, but I have loathed them from afar on the West Coast as they consistently bought their way into the Championship and World Series.

It's easier to feel sorry for the Blue Jays so I only hate them right now.

I think the poll needs an option for "I've always hated the Blue Jays as much as at the Yankees and Red Sox."

As a kid, I pretty much started watching the Orioles in 1989. So the Blue Jays were the enemy of my childhood, for all the reasons Moose mentioned. In all honesty, I hated them before the Yankees, and well before the Red Sox.

I think the poll needs an option for "I've always hated the Blue Jays as much as at the Yankees and Red Sox."

As a kid, I pretty much started watching the Orioles in 1989. So the Blue Jays were the enemy of my childhood, for all the reasons Moose mentioned. In all honesty, I hated them before the Yankees, and well before the Red Sox.

This is pretty much my take. I also have a soft spot for Boston because I have lots of friends who are Sox fans, and they truly hate the Yankees as much as we do. If it comes down to the Yankees and the Sox (as often happens), I find myself pulling for the Sox. Toronto hasn't been good enough to hate lately, but the more I think about it, the more I hate them. I just can't imagine a scenario where I am rooting for the Blue Jays, even against the Yankees.

I can't decide how to vote, because there's a difference between the three. I despise Boston and New York because they always win, because they've always been in our way and had a level of success that as a fan I've never known, or at least the Yankees always have while the Red Sox is more recent. Toronto is different though. They haven't had real success since I was a child, but there's some annoying quality about them and everything about them that just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's Bautista, Encarnacion, Stroman acting like a complete jack off last year, the stadium and how it's been a house of nightmares for the Orioles forever, the cheating allegations, I could go on and on. Now the business was Duquette. It more or less says to me, we can't win or do anything right on our own, so we're going to steal success away from someone else, and do it in the lowest, seediest, and dishonorable way possible. Yeah, I know that's how life is in a lot of circles, but that doesn't mean I have to approve or like it. NY and Boston are what I wish we could be at the level of, Toronto and everything about them is just douche city.

Archived