Victor Sanchez hit in head by boat.

weams

"...incident of a potentially devastating injury suffered by a player returning to his home country during the MLB offseason, Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez has apparently suffered a head injury after being hit by a boat, according to a story by MiLB.com. Sanchez was reportedly swimming in his home country of Venezuela when he was hit by a boat. He was rendered unconscious and transported to the hospital, where he remains."

http://fansided.com/2015/02/15/seattle-mariners-prospect-victor-sanchez-hit-boat/?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=si.com

"...incident of a potentially devastating injury suffered by a player returning to his home country during the MLB offseason, Mariners pitching prospect Victor Sanchez has apparently suffered a head injury after being hit by a boat, according to a story by MiLB.com. Sanchez was reportedly swimming in his home country of Venezuela when he was hit by a boat. He was rendered unconscious and transported to the hospital, where he remains."

http://fansided.com/2015/02/15/seattle-mariners-prospect-victor-sanchez-hit-boat/?utm_source=si.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=si.com

I hope that he is OK. Getting hit in the head by a boat sounds awful, and life-threatening.

I remember in March of 1993, when Bob Ojeda was the lone survivor of a boating accident in which the driver of the boat (Tim Crews) was drunk. Crews died, along with teammate Steve Olin.

Boating accidents happen all the time, mostly to large animals (like the endangered manatee) that live in the water. I know based on time operating a drawbridge when I was younger; people think they can get hammered drunk on the water and still drive around with no consequence. It can make for a dangerous place both in and out of the boat.

I hope that he is OK. Getting hit in the head by a boat sounds awful, and life-threatening.

I remember in March of 1993, when Bob Ojeda was the lone survivor of a boating accident in which the driver of the boat (Tim Crews) was drunk. Crews died, along with teammate Steve Olin.

First thing I thought of too. I remember that. Was right before they got good in the mid 90's. Pushed their dreams back a couple years.

Hope Sanchez is ok. Nobody wants to see that happen.

The right-hander underwent a surgery in the skull on Saturday afternoon by Dr. Rolando Cobis and was in intensive care at night until Sunday at the Polyclinic Campano, said a source from the medical center.

“He’s in critical condition,” said Dr. Cobis in a telephone contact. “He was made a craniectomy and drainage of hematomas.Until now is critical but stable within its box. He is still fighting for his life. There vital danger to him. ”

The right-hander underwent a surgery in the skull on Saturday afternoon by Dr. Rolando Cobis and was in intensive care at night until Sunday at the Polyclinic Campano, said a source from the medical center.

“He’s in critical condition,” said Dr. Cobis in a telephone contact. “He was made a craniectomy and drainage of hematomas.Until now is critical but stable within its box. He is still fighting for his life. There vital danger to him. ”

You have a way with words. Sort of.

Archived