Roch: Hardy's Shoulder Injury

weams

Injecting contrast allows greater differentiation between tissues with robust blood flow (often true of injured, inflammed tissues) and those without. Differentiating new vs old abnormalities will be dependent on comparison with past studies. I wouldnt expect anything more than a vague diagnosis of inflammation to the shoulder/rotator cuff, unless it's bad news.

Thanks. Roch said he felt better again today. Rushed to his appointment. Said If he had to play today it would be iffy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hardy has subscapularis strain. Minimum 10 days no baseball activities <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">March 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great. His extension is certainly not starting out particularly well. 10 days no baseball activities, then you gotta factor in the unknown amount of time he will likely spend favoring it after he does return, not power swinging (again). This is not good.

Am I off-base in guessing the O's had an inkling of Hardy having a health issue when they signed Cabrera?

My understanding is that they became uncomfortable with the lack of organizational depth last year when Hardy was having issues with his back. I think they wanted someone who could still be a positive contributor in the event of an injury to JJ.

Great. His extension is certainly not starting out particularly well. 10 days no baseball activities, then you gotta factor in the unknown amount of time he will likely spend favoring it after he does return, not power swinging (again). This is not good.

It was a freak accident. Let's relax.

Archived