Why Mike Wright Has Closer Potential (Update: To Start for Baltimore 5/17)

Slade-OH

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he goes public I give him the Gregg treatment.

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=36719387&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

If he goes public I give him the Gregg treatment.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKn28HRoWgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HE bugs some people. I am sure you could. But since he was never a reliever, that might be unjustified.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKn28HRoWgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HE bugs some people. I am sure you could. But since he was never a reliever, that might be unjustified.

It would certainly be justified if he went crying to the media.

I would never accept that sort of behavior from non-essential personnel.

Norris pitched 2 games for us as a reliever in 2013.

Ubaldo lost his spot in the rotation last year after a 2013 season that was much more dominant than Norris's 2014 season.

I have no idea how long Norris's leash is, but he is not guaranteed to stay in the rotation the entire year. Norris has been horrible this season. He failed to last 5 inningsin 3 of 6 starts, he has a career low K/9 of 5.93, and he's walking too many hitters (4.28 BB/9). I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright get another start.

Ubaldo lost his spot in the rotation last year after a 2013 season that was much more dominant than Norris's 2014 season.

I have no idea how long Norris's leash is, but he is not guaranteed to stay in the rotation the entire year. Norris has been horrible this season. He failed to last 5 inningsin 3 of 6 starts, he has a career low K/9 of 5.93, and he's walking too many hitters (4.28 BB/9). I wouldn't be surprised to see Wright get another start.

Buck was asked if Norris would be available in the bullpen and he flat out said something to the effect of:

"I think I know where you are going with this question and we are talking about a guy that won 15 games for us last year".

Bud is not going to the bullpen anytime soon. DL maybe, not bullpen, at least not now.

Bud was the fifth starter and pitched twice when we had a four man deal going. Ubaldo was on the first year of his BIG free agent contract. Big difference.

Bud is not going to the bullpen anytime soon. DL maybe, not bullpen, at least not now.

I think the fact that Norris just got over bronchitis gives Buck an excellent reason to use him in the bullpen for at least a game to build some stamina and get some innings. Norris last pitched on the 10th.

I think the fact that Norris just got over bronchitis gives Buck an excellent reason to use him in the bullpen for at least a game to build some stamina and get some innings. Norris last pitched on the 10th.

Mike Wright had pitched last on the 6th.

Iirc, those two relief appearances were in long extra inning games. And he didn't do well.

Archived