Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

Eh. He might have had one more inning. Not much more.

One more inning is one more inning our BP doesn't have to carry. Like Buck and Wallace keep stressing this year, if you can get 19, 20, 21 outs... instead of 18, it helps in the end.

Can't do that playing NL ball.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't give up a big inning. Things could have gotten a lot worse early, but managed to keep it close and allow Miami to implode. Dan Jennings certainly didn't look too managerial tonight.

Jimenez didn't have his good stuff tonight (especially with the off-speed stuff) and his FB isn't going to overmatch anybody. So I thought all considering, it was a pretty gutsy outing that kept us close enough. Did they even have an extra-base hit off him? If it's mostly singles and one walk over 4 IP, I'll take that.

o

21 OUTS: 8 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 2 Flyouts

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. ASTROS, 5/27)

IP:. 7

H:;; 10 (1 Home Run, 4 Doubles, 5 Singles)

R:l) 4

BB: 1

SO: 5

Pitches: 82 (57 Strikes, 25 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.14

PITCHES BY INNING

71 (51 Strikes, 2 Balls)

14 (11 Strikes, 3 Balls)

10 (51 Strikes, 5 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 3 Balls)

61 (41 Strikes, 2 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 8 Balls)

13 (11 Strikes, 2 Balls)

I have been on a cruise vacation. So I missed a lot of this. Ubaldo keeps bringing it on. One factor, when a pitcher throws strikes instead of balls, a few of them will leave the park. Can't be helped. Even the best give up dingers once in a while. I think that former Oriole, former All Star, former 20 game winner Jamie Moyer set the record for most HRs given up during his career.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11: :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

o

15 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Popouts, 1 Flyout

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. INDIANS, 6/06)

IP:. 5

H:;; 6 (1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 6

SO: 5

Pitches: 107 (58 Strikes, 49 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.02

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

27 (16 Strikes, 11 Balls)

29 (11 Strikes, 18 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 81 Balls)

One of those days. Didn't have much command. It happens to all pitchers. He struggled to hold the Indians to just 1 run. He should be OK next time. I am sure that Wallace will give him a good workout.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club.:smile11::clap:

One of those days. Didn't have much command. It happens to all pitchers. He struggled to hold the Indians to just 1 run. He should be OK next time. I am sure that Wallace will give him a good workout.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club.:smile11::clap:

Actually, I thought he was rather impressive. As Jim Palmer said he couldn't get a feel for the ball today. Yet, he still managed to get out of 2 ugly inning and make it to the end of the 5th with only allowing 1 run. He fought throught it.

The Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3: :clap:

Actually, I thought he was rather impressive. As Jim Palmer said he couldn't get a feel for the ball today. Yet, he still managed to get out of 2 ugly inning and make it to the end of the 5th with only allowing 1 run. He fought throught it.

The Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3: :clap:

He was also at 94 mph a couple times.

Archived