Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was really worried in the first inning that the second half of the season was going to slip away from Ubaldo. Glad he pulled it together tonight.

He was great after a rocky first. Hopefully he can build on this and go on a run of quality starts

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

He did ok, especially after the first, but his stuff doesn't look nearly as impressive as it did earlier in the year. His 2 seam FB just looks kinda lazy and his command seams to have slipped. Poor hitting team, but he did get a lot of GB's today though. I'm a little worried about Ubaldo.

I got worried during the first inning. But he wiggled his way out of it with only 2 runs damage. CA-Oriole, I believe that he may have been slipping back into some old habits. Wallace's visit reminded him of that. In the post game interview, he said that his shoulder was in the wrong position and he corrected it. He did fine after that. He will have a few clunkers, every pitcher has his clunkers. But he will be OK.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

Two things. First he was facing the crummy Braves lineup. Not the Blue jays . Not the Yankees. Nor even the Astros. But the second, maybe more significant thing is that SOMEONE, or maybe just Ubaldo made some sort of adjustment.He was finishing his pitches and he was throwing strikes. The combination of a poor hitting team and that adjustment certainly got Ubaldo back on track.It will be interesting to see how he fares with a more talented lineup, but Im grateful that Ubaldo turned it around.

original.jpg

He did ok, especially after the first, but his stuff doesn't look nearly as impressive as it did earlier in the year. His 2 seam FB just looks kinda lazy and his command seams to have slipped. Poor hitting team, but he did get a lot of GB's today though. I'm a little worried about Ubaldo.

Exactly. Nowhere near as sharp as he was earlier in the season. Pitches are up and the two seam isn't moving like it was. Results were good but process is concerning.

Two things. First he was facing the crummy Braves lineup. Not the Blue jays . Not the Yankees. Nor even the Astros. But the second, maybe more significant thing is that SOMEONE, or maybe just Ubaldo made some sort of adjustment.He was finishing his pitches and he was throwing strikes. The combination of a poor hitting team and that adjustment certainly got Ubaldo back on track.It will be interesting to see how he fares with a more talented lineup, but Im grateful that Ubaldo turned it around.

Geez why are you so negative, Roy? Just kidding. I agree with you 100%.

Interesting to hear Palmer talking about how he was surprised not to see Ramon Martinez around for the start.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye out to see if he's around for his next bullpen session or start. Especially if UJ feels like he could use some pointers or tweaks to make sure he stays in good form.

My first thought last night was "in 1965 Ubaldo would have been on the pine in the 2nd inning." Major difference between 50 years ago and today - back then you'd pull guys early when they supposedly just didn't have it, then the next start they'd go 11 innings. Today 90-something percent of all starts are between 4-7 innings. All the available evidence says the average pitch count back in the day is essentially the same as today, but the standard deviation was much larger.

The last 3 Sunday day games I've been to, the O's have lost each of them and they haven't been pretty.

Ubaldo's family was sitting to the left of me right behind home plate. Very nice family. The most emotion I saw from his father was when Jones misplaced the liner.

Really hope Ubaldo can turn it around again, he hasn't been good his last 3 of 4 starts.

The last 3 Sunday day games I've been to' date=' the O's have lost each of them and they haven't been pretty.

Ubaldo's family was sitting to the left of me right behind home plate. Very nice family. The most emotion I saw from his father was when Jones misplaced the liner.

Really hope Ubaldo can turn it around again, he hasn't been good his last 3 of 4 starts.[/quote']

Ubaldo needs to warm up more. He keeps giving up crooked numbers in the first inning.

He did settle down after the first. The 5th inning was just rotten luck and lousy defense--bloop hit, awful throw by Chris Davis, bleeder that got under Schoop's glove, misjudged line drive by Adam Jones.

Interesting to hear Palmer talking about how he was surprised not to see Ramon Martinez around for the start.

It'll be interesting to keep an eye out to see if he's around for his next bullpen session or start. Especially if UJ feels like he could use some pointers or tweaks to make sure he stays in good form.

Hopefully, Ramon M. will come around to make sure Ubaldo gets his stuff back together. I don't know if Ramon M. will travel to the west coast with the team or if Ubaldo can stay behind for a day or two in order to have a few sessions with Ramon M.

It looks like Ubaldo may be slipping back into bad habits. That's what sometimes happens when a thirtyish veteran pitcher has to learn how to pitch all over again. However, one positive note: not nearly so many walks as before. The problem seems to be that some of those strikes are getting hit and turning into singles, doubles, triples, home runs. I saw Ubaldo's post-game interview and he said that his pitches were not good. I believe that he'll accept whatever help that he needs to get back on track again.

Archived