Ubaldo Jimenez Today 2015

Il BuonO

Actually, I thought he was rather impressive. As Jim Palmer said he couldn't get a feel for the ball today. Yet, he still managed to get out of 2 ugly inning and make it to the end of the 5th with only allowing 1 run. He fought throught it.

The Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3: :clap:

My thoughts exactly. He was like Houdini out there.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, I thought he was rather impressive. As Jim Palmer said he couldn't get a feel for the ball today. Yet, he still managed to get out of 2 ugly inning and make it to the end of the 5th with only allowing 1 run. He fought throught it.

The Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3: :clap:

It was a gutsy performance. He didn't give up through it all, but got key strikeouts at the right times. And the O's defense really helped him out.

Now as for the O's offense... :cussing:

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

o

15 OUTS: 6 Strikeouts, 5 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(vs. YANKEES, 6/12)

IP:. 5 - PLUS

H:;; 6 (1 Home Run, 5 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 2 *

SO: 6

Pitches: 104 (62 Strikes, 42 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.19

* Jimenez also Had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

27 (16 Strikes, 11 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

21 (11 Strikes, 10 Balls)

21 (11 Strikes, 10 Balls)

15 (11 Strikes, 41 Balls)

51 (41 Strikes, 11 Balls) **

** Jimenez did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Ubaldo didn't have all of his command. I was sitting in Section 18 so I couldn't see the sideways position of the balls he threw. But it looked to me as though his fastball didn't have a lot of "hop" on it, so the Yankees starting teeing off on it. However, Ubaldo turned to his other pitches (curve, change up, etc.) and fought through it all to get out of the jams that he got in. I think that he was also getting a bit squeezed by the home plate umpire. For a pitcher who didn't have all of his "stuff", he did a good job to keep his team in the game. He had 6 Ks, 1 (or was it 2?) walks plus a hit batsman. I was proud of his efforts for his team. I was also VERY happy to see the O's give it to the hated Yank-mees.

Ubaldo didn't have all of his command. I was sitting in Section 18 so I couldn't see the sideways position of the balls he threw. But it looked to me as though his fastball didn't have a lot of "hop" on it, so the Yankees starting teeing off on it. However, Ubaldo turned to his other pitches (curve, change up, etc.) and fought through it all to get out of the jams that he got in. I think that he was also getting a bit squeezed by the home plate umpire. For a pitcher who didn't have all of his "stuff", he did a good job to keep his team in the game. He had 6 Ks, 1 (or was it 2?) walks plus a hit batsman. I was proud of his efforts for his team. I was also VERY happy to see the O's give it to the hated Yank-mees.

This ^^^

He worked through it again. You can't ask for much more.

Sargent in Arms of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club! :clap3::clap:

o

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES O(JUNE 17th)

Paul Revere - CF

Chase Utley - 2B

Maikel Franco - 3B

Ryan Howard - 1B

Domonic Brown - RF

Cameron Rupp - C

Cody Asche - LF

Freddy Galvis - SS

Kevin John Correia - RHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

6.67 innings, 4 runs.

0 walks, 8 strikeouts. O 98 Pitches (63 Strikes, 25 Balls.)

Jimenez was rolling along, having retired 10 in a row, and there was one out with nobody on base in the 7th inning. And then a single, a bunt single against the shift, a 3-run home run, a flyout, and a triple ...... all of a sudden, Jimenez' stellar outing had a mediocre final line, and the tying run was standing at home plate.

Fortunately for Jimenez, Chad Roe came in and did his Tommy Hunter "Bear Claw" imitation, and the Phillies' potential 5th run of the game was left stranded at 3rd base.

6.67 innings, 4 runs.

Jimenez was rolling along, having retired 10 in a row, and there was one out with nobody on base in the 7th inning. And then a single, a bunt single against the shift, a 3-run home run, a flyout, and a triple ...... all of a sudden, Jimenez' stellar outing had a mediocre final line, and the tying run was standing at home plate.

Fortunately for Jimenez, Chad Roe came in and did his Tommy Hunter "Bear Claw" imitation, and the Phillies' potential 5th run of the game was left stranded at 3rd base.

I give him a B+ overall tonight Patrick. Yes four runs allowed but also 0 walks and 8 K's including three in a row with two men on base. Gets a small bonus from me too for supporting his own cause with the hit he got. So a good night for the U man.

6.67 innings, 4 runs.

Fortunately for Jimenez, Chad Roe came in and did his Tommy Hunter "Bear Claw" imitation, and the Phillies' potential 5th run of the game was stranded at 3rd base.

I think that Ubaldo simply ran out of gas in the 7th. Still, he did quite well until then. Fortunately, Chaz Roe came in with a full tank of gas.

By the way, Ubaldo was able to get an RBI, knocking in one of the runs, helping the Os win the game.

Archived