Kevin Gausman Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not thrilled with how Gausman was brought along the last few years, but the time for excuses is over. He's made 40 big league starts. Time for him to take a step forward without then taking one back.

Scary thing is I am just not sure how much of it is him and how much is our development/coaching.

There is a part of me that thinks if we traded him to another organization, in a year or so we would be looking at an another Arrieta.

It worries me that we seem unable to take very talented pitchers and get them to the point where one would expect given their tools.

Maybe its more about KG than development or coaching but I don't get how having a guy like him who needs to work on the offspeed stuff and shoving him in your pen so he come out and just throw aids his development. He should have been at AAA working on his secondaries.

bbbbbut we were contenders for the playoffs

DD doesn't give a hoot about player development if it interferes with the interest of making the ML team as competitive as possible.

He will continue to rip the player development system apart until he leaves it a barren waste heap for the next GM to fix.

Watch as he loses compensatory draft picks by signing middling free agents who will not be as good as the FA's leaving, although they will negate the net amount of picks

That's a realistic scenario. The one thing I hang my hat on are Bucks comments all season long about all of the extra picks we'll have next year. He sure would look dumb if we pissed them all away on mid level FA's who required compensation.

At least you don't have to worry about them spending picks on middle relievers like Flanagan and Duquette.

Some of the worst signings of all time.

Those were indeed terrible signings. I've always refrained from being too harsh on Flanagan and Duquette considering the paltry allowance and stipulations they were given (my assumptions and I have no hard proof to back this assertion) to staff a ball club.

$120m is paltry?

What rosters did Flanagan and Jim Duquette staff with $120M payroll? The bullpen trio signed by Flanagan/Duquette were 3 years or less and $6M or less. They did make the run at Vlad but came up short. I have no problem with the current $120M payroll, though I think DD could have allocated it much more effectively.

o

15 OUTS: 7 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Thrown Out at Home Plate

K.J. GAUSMAN O(vs. RED SOX, 9/25)

IP:. 5 - PLUS

H:.. 5 l(3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:O 5

BB: 3

SO: 5

Pitches: 99 (56 Strikes, 43 Balls)

2015 ERA: 4.49

PITCHES BY INNINGS

15 (81 Strikes, 71 Balls)

23 (13 Strikes, 10 Balls)

25 (13 Strikes, 12 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 11 Balls)

12 (61 Strikes, 61 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls) *

* Gausman did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Archived