For What it's worth.....

Belkast

When I was in high school, one of my teammates had this happen to him at basketball practice and he was in serious pain. Sure, we thought it was funny and were giving him hell, but before he went to the hospital we just figured he had contracted something really bad from some skank the weekend before.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. It was like watching rec teams I used to coach. No one wanted the ball at the end.

I tried to put this into twisted testical context and almost succeeded until I realized that wasn't your intention.

Gut feeling only.....

I know I haven't heard you say this, but I am assuming that you know the players that are being offered. So if you say your gut tells you he may be landing in with the Indians than I couldn't be happier. That is def the way I am hoping it is going to turn (well second behind keeping him, but I don't think that is going to happen) and that is without really even knowing the players that the Indians are offering. I am just not a fan at all of the Cubs offers that I have heard. Thanks alot for the update.

I know I haven't heard you say this, but I am assuming that you know the players that are being offered. So if you say your gut tells you he may be landing in with the Indians than I couldn't be happier. That is def the way I am hoping it is going to turn (well second behind keeping him, but I don't think that is going to happen) and that is without really even knowing the players that the Indians are offering. I am just not a fan at all of the Cubs offers that I have heard. Thanks alot for the update.

"I sure hope Roberts goes to Cleveland and I don't even care who it's for!"

Wow I guess you really have to hate the Cubs package to take up that position.

Bruce Levine was just on ESPN 1000 in Chicago. Levine is in Mesa with the cubs and is generally regarded as the top cubs media insider. He said talks with the Orioles are hot and he is starting to feel that the deal may become bigger with possibly marquis going to O's and payton coming to the cubs in the potential roberts trade. He said the o's have one of their top scouts in Mesa with the cubs and another is joining on Saturday.

This past Saturday, on his saturday baseball show "Talking baseball," Levine said the O's were paying attention to Eric Patterson, and also said his American League sources said the O's made the decision that they would trade roberts. He did not say to whom or when.

Do the O's insiders have any new info?

The way I see it, we have Gibbons, Payton, Trachsel and perhaps Bynum preventing playing time for one or more of Moore, Costanzo, and a host of pitchers. Not sure bringing back another pitcher is going to help us. If we can send them 2 of Payton, Gibbons, LH, Bynum, with BRob then that might be worth it. Otherwise I don't see the point.

"I sure hope Roberts goes to Cleveland and I don't even care who it's for!"

Wow I guess you really have to hate the Cubs package to take up that position.

I meant no disrepect by that statement. I hope it didn't come off that way. I really do not like the Cubs package. I think that I could like a Cubs package, but it would have to include a few of the untouchables. I have always said that I like Gallagher a lot. I think he can be a very good 3rd or 4th starter. I just worry that if we deal Roberts that we lose our best (and only good) MI and also our lead off man. I am not a big Cedeno fan and I am just not convinced he will be a solid big leaguer. If the deal goes down I really hope that I am wrong and would gladly admit that I was, but I am just not convinced (guess that's why they call them prospects though). I would really like getting those 2 of we also got a high ceiling players. I would love a package of Gallagher, Cedeno, Ceda/Colvin and a PTBNL (T. Thomas). I don't want to raid the Cubs system. I just want to feel like I got a good return. In the Cubs defense though, I didn't like the Astros package at the time of the Tejada trade, but after I learned more about the players once they became part of the team I liked it alot.

I am afraid we will end up with Marquis...Just horrible.

Would you take Marquis if it meant getting rid of Payton and better prospects? Without knowing the contract situation I think I would. Anyone know Marquis's contract? Thanks

Bruce Levine . . . .said talks with the Orioles are hot and the O's were paying attention to Eric Patterson. . .

Thank goodness. Patterson's the key to a deal with the Cubs for me - he's the only hitter who could replace Roberts' OBP. Unless Cleveland is offering Barfield, I don't see us getting a better second baseman than Patterson this year. In fact, with his good eye and speed, and less than eye-popping other tools, Patterson reminds me a lot of a young Brian Roberts.

If taking Marquis is what it takes for us to get Patterson thrown in, I hope the Orioles do it, realize it's only money, and are rational about sunk costs.

Would you take Marquis if it meant getting rid of Payton and better prospects? Without knowing the contract situation I think I would. Anyone know Marquis's contract? Thanks

He's in the 2nd year of a 3 year $21 million contract. So it's somewhere between 14 and 16 million over the next 2 years.

Archived