Grant Balfour DFAed by Tampa (Orioles Took a Beating)

Crazysilver03

So we took a beating about it (what's new?). I doubt anyone in the national media is going to go out of their way to give us kudos... My question is this, next time we raise some doubts over physicals etc. will we be given some benefit of the doubt?

NO. Don't think so.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we took a beating about it (what's new?). I doubt anyone in the national media is going to go out of their way to give us kudos ... My question is this, next time we raise some doubts over physicals etc., will we be given some benefit of the doubt?

OOo :laughlol: o :laughlol: o :laughlol:

o

I've heard of teams paying a lot of money to a player to play for another team.

I've heard of teams paying a lot of money for a player to NOT play for their team.

But I rarely hear of a team paying a lot of money for a player to not play for their AAA team. o:laughlol:

Apparently Balfour has had a change of heart and will resign a minor league deal and head to AAA Durham in the near future.

o

o

Michael Kay (YES) stated that Balfour was release by the Rays today.

After Balfour was DFA'd, 10 days passed, and not one of the other 29 major league teams wanted him.

And the Rays don't want him playing for their AAA-Durham Bulls, either.

In doing so, the D-Rays have eaten $7 Million.

Rays Release Grant Balfour, Eat $7 Million

(Michael Gleeman)

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/29/rays-release-grant-balfour-eat-7-million/

Sounds like it might just be more than just potential arm trouble...
I've heard of teams paying a lot of money to a player to play for another team.

I've heard of teams paying a lot of money for a player to NOT play for their team.

But I rarely hear of a team paying a lot of money for a player to not play for their AAA team. o:laughlol:

Apparently Balfour has had a change of heart and will resign a minor league deal and head to AAA Durham in the near future.

Are you sure that the AAA-Bulls want him ???

They're off to a pretty good stat in the South division of the International League.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, at least he pitched well at the AAA-level while he was down there.

I suppose that that may make him somewhat marketable for a possible roster spot as the 24th or 25th man on one of the other 29 major league teams.

I presume that he would be picked up on the cheap if that happened?

Well, at least he pitched well at the AAA-level while he was down there.

I suppose that that may make him somewhat marketable for a possible roster spot as the 24th or 25th man on one of the other 29 major league teams.

I presume that he would be picked up on the cheap if that happened?

Tampa is still on the hook for his contract. If he ends up on a major league roster it is likely at the prorated major league minimum. Though I have a feeling he will likely end up signing a minor league deal elsewhere.

Tampa is still on the hook for his contract. If he ends up on a major league roster it is likely at the prorated major league minimum. Though I have a feeling he will likely end up signing a minor league deal elsewhere.

Somebody is bound to take a minor league vet minimum chance with him.

The Orioles aren't the only team looking for rejuvenation projects.

Somebody is bound to take a minor league vet minimum chance with him.

The Orioles aren't the only team looking for rejuvenation projects.

And people thought the same about Jamie Moyer after his minor league stint here and then he promptly got annihilated and forced out of baseball in his next stop.

And people thought the same about Jamie Moyer after his minor league stint here and then he promptly got annihilated and forced out of baseball in his next stop.

But, that didn't stop DD from taking the flyers on other pitchers.

Just like last season, JJ found himself out of a major league job, got a minor league deal, and pitched himself back to the majors.

People thought K-Rod was done, but he isn't.

Archived