I hope Buck tries Lough as an everyday player

Spy Fox

I believe he was close to working a walk on that sequence as was. If memory serves. Regardless, it doesn't really address my point- why not give him a few games over the .255 OBP and defensive liability?

I don't see De Aza as a defensive liability, but he's clearly in a slump and made one of the dumbest plays I've seen in awhile. So no problem playing Lough a bit.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we have a sample size yet to determine anything? Or is it all statistical noise?

Well its roughly 10% of a season's worh of data. 100% of the available data for the year. It's too SSS, but it is a current trend. The last 2 years of data concerning de Ava/Lough aren't very promising for de Aza, particularly comparing their ages.

Frankly, numbers aside... a number of de Aza's gaffes have put him on my S list. That fly ball just popping out of his glove.. a number of inane bunt attempts.. and maybe the stupidest decision I've seen in a decade that steal attempt. Let's try anyone else for a few weeks atleast. If Lough or whoever turns out to be ever worse than sure put de Aza back out there. I feel like he's getting a good ole boy chance because he's in a walk year.

If Lough can be disciplined and have quality at bats like he did tonight I'm all for him getting more playing time. With that said, I think De Aza typically shows a better approach at the plate. Lough is the better defensive player, but De Aza is not a liability. Both players do more harm than good when they try to steal bases.

Did anybody see that coming???? Off of Koji no less. Definitely Lough's biggest moment as an Oriole. I would be good with riding the momentum a little bit and reward him with some playing time. Snider has shown nothing lately, Pearce is lost, and De Aza is a headcase. Why not? Nothing to lose at this point.

In De Aza's defense, he has been having some pretty good ABs, and his defense has been OK. OF assist today in a big spot.

Koji did not have command of the splitter. Did I see it coming? Not really but I was envisioning it. :)

That pitch couldn't have been placed on a tee any better for Lough.

Koji walks no one. I knew it would be a strike.

As a guy who's on team Paredes, I'm very happy for Lough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As another poster mentioned. No clue why he didn't start tonight. No way I put Snider back in RF anytime soon PLUS one game for Lough is all he gets? He had a bad game, sure but 1 game isn't going to allow him any time to prove himself.

Archived