Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Was wrong on one aspect. Os games in Tampa in July will stay in July. Not coming back to Balt. Will stay TB home games at Trop</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So, we pretty much lost three home games.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Was wrong on one aspect. Os games in Tampa in July will stay in July. Not coming back to Balt. Will stay TB home games at Trop</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">April 28, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ouch. That stinks.

So, we pretty much lost three home games.

And five gates.

There have been cases in Europe where teams were being punished for something like racists incidents in the crowd where they were forced to play games without a crowd. But I don't think I've ever heard of this in MLB, or any North American sport. Well... not on purpose. I'm sure there were some St. Louis Browns games in the 30s that drew dozens of fans, and two-bit indy leagues with teams ready to fold up shop with essentially no one coming to games.

This was an option that I had brought up earlier. I honestly had hoped they would do it today as well, so that we could avoid a DH later in the year. Anyhow, it happened once before, but not for a pro game.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/10/sp...all-fever.html

There have been cases in Europe where teams were being punished for something like racists incidents in the crowd where they were forced to play games without a crowd. But I don't think I've ever heard of this in MLB, or any North American sport. Well... not on purpose. I'm sure there were some St. Louis Browns games in the 30s that drew dozens of fans, and two-bit indy leagues with teams ready to fold up shop with essentially no one coming to games.

How many cases are there of teams pursuing litigation against MLB?

I wish I still had connections like I did in the 70's and 80's. I would love to see a game in a virtually empty stadium. I did go to one in the 70's with only 4,000 people. You could hear the Coaches and Players clearly from the seats.

I wish I still had connections like I did in the 70's and 80's. I would love to see a game in a virtually empty stadium. I did go to one in the 70's with only 4,000 people. You could hear the Coaches and Players clearly from the seats.

I went to an O's/Royals day game in late April a couple years ago. They eventually had everyone move up as close as they wanted and walked around handing out free chicken tenders. There only had to be around 5,000 there.

Archived