Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything about this is tragic. In the grand scheme of things the games being postponed is mild inconvenience when compared to some of the other issues the city faces. That being said, it really is demoralizing, baseball is about bringing people together or at least it always has been for me. There is something symbolic and quite tragic about the fact that our city is so broken that even something that usually brings people together goes up in smoke. It's the right call obviously but that makes it no less sad.

I would think the best solution is a DH at another venue tomorrow. If that doesn't happen then economics are partially driving the decision.

I agree. The orioles need to play two games vs the white Sox before they leave town. It is difficult to reschedule one game let alone two games.

As disappointing as this is, if they weren't going to move the series, which it sounds like they don't want to do, there was no other option. I don't think economical decisions are what's on their minds right now, clearly that was present with the vouchers from Saturday. Right now, even with police and national guard, it's just not a safe place right now. Hopefully come tomorrow it will be.

I have tickets for tomorrow's game but I can tell you, short of Soprano lining me up with a Mafia protection team, I'm not going.

Another reason that I dislike the weighted schedule. One more visit by the ChiSox would at least give us some more reasonable options for making up these games.

Maybe MLB could utilize the Thursday after the All-Star game to make up one of these games. Losing two (possibly three) off days later in the year is going to hurt. The Sox probably won't like the idea because they already have a DH scheduled for the following day, but MLB is really going to find itself in a bind now that they canceled today's game.

I would think the best solution is a DH at another venue tomorrow. If that doesn't happen then economics are partially driving the decision.

I am asking that this not become a "bash the Orioles or Peter" campaign. The Orioles are doing what's right for the city and for the safety of the players and fans. They should be applauded.

There should have been no decision to make today about the game. The game should have been moved to the Nats park and that should have been decided last night and announced so people could plan for it. Sure there might be some logistical issues, but my goodness not anything to keep it from happening.

There should have been no decision to make today about the game. The game should have been moved to the Nats park and that should have been decided last night and announced so people could plan for it. Sure there might be some logistical issues, but my goodness not anything to keep it from happening.

Nats park is not likely according to what was posted in another thread.

o

What about R.F.K. Stadium?

Is the disinclination to play in Nationals Park due to to the fact that it is the Nationals' stadium, or is it because they don't want to play the games in the city of Washington?

Or, is it both?

Or, is it neither of the two?

o

What about R.F.K. Stadium?

Is the disinclination to play in Nationals Park due to to the fact that it is the Nationals' stadium, or is it because they don't want to play the games in the city of Washington?

Or, is it both?

Or, is it neither of the two?

That place is a dump. I bet the turf would make Dunedin seem like a green at Augusta.

Archived