Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they are keeping the gate money though. If Tampa could open their stadium why not the Nats? Manfred needs to be asked that.

I agree with this. Even if the Nats are opposed to it, the commissioner should be able to step in and have the final word. These are supposed to be home games for us. Having the games in Washington would allow us to bring in decent crowds. It would be much better for baseball than having 200 people show up in Tampa for the weekend.

I agree with this. Even if the Nats are opposed to it, the commissioner should be able to step in and have the final word. These are supposed to be home games for us. Having the games in Washington would allow us to bring in decent crowds. It would be much better for baseball than having 200 people show up in Tampa for the weekend.

There might be a good reason why not but I would like to know.

I hope something gets going on social media to draw a ton of O's fans. Wish I lived a drivable distance. Maybe Southwest could to a quick $59 promo, in my dreams.

If SW would do round trip tix for 3,777 points each way, I'd fly down Saturday and come back Sunday night all the way from NY!

If SW would do round trip tix for 3,777 points each way, I'd fly down Saturday and come back Sunday night all the way from NY!

I can fly out of Allentown for less than $300 r/t. I have family down there that I can stay with.

I am very tempted to pull the trigger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Career ERA 4.45. Career FIP 4.46.
    • I don't understand that either?   Baumann has a 3.44 ERA and won 10 games last year, he definitely will not clear waivers. He could go to the Yankees!
    • First thing that comes to mind is Just about everybody successful college basketball team.  Duke, Kentucky, UConn, etc.  turnover every year, win every year, massive attendance and merch sales.  
    • He can’t help that he looks young and doesn’t have facial hair. And yes he was extremely ineffective in his 30+ ABs. But as we have all seen, the jump from AAA to MLB is the most difficult than it has ever been in 2024. Look at how the #2 prospect is doing in MIL … spoiler alert - not good. Holliday is going to have to find a balance between being patient with his swing decisions but not falling behind in the count so regularly. He will also learn to adjust to the velo that you only consistently see in the big leagues.
    • Mullins is going to get the majority of the starts until the All-Star Break to get him to turn it around.  They are a better team with him in CF and he is just hitting in the mid 200’s.  If he continues to struggle then they may have to make some changes.  
    • The Orioles have plenty of 8th reliever candidates anyways.  Jonathan Heasley (0.60, 0.73 WHIP) and Dillon Tate (3.60, 0.80 WHIP) are on the 40-man while Kade Strowd (3.00, 0.67 WHIP) may have the best stuff of the three. And that's not even considering the Chayce McDermott could still be an option in the pen this year though I think they'd use the other ones first and keep him starting in AAA.
    • I’m fine with what DR keeps saying — maybe others will eventually believe him — that he is leaving baseball decisions to his baseball people. And his GM doesn’t like to tip his hand about anything, especially contracts. I think these guys like winning and seem to like their team. They will make mistakes, but I do have faith they want the O’s to be as good as they can be with the resources they have. Of course I hope they sign some of our young guys and expand the payroll. I just don’t need promises in an interview. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now