Reschedule Game/Series

Redskins Rick

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

o

What about R.F.K. Stadium?

Is the disinclination to play in Nationals Park due to to the fact that it is the Nationals' stadium, or is it because they don't want to play the games in the city of Washington?

Or, is it both?

Or, is it neither of the two?

That place is a dump. I bet the turf would make Dunedin seem like a green at Augusta.

Yeah, I know that.

But the Orioles have already postponed 2 games, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

How about Aberdeen!

That was my idea a few hours ago and I'm still all for it. Put the Stadium to good use for the next 4 games. Fill it up with Orioles season ticket holders only, to make sure "protesters" don't buy tickets and destroy the Stadium.

o

Yeah, I know that.

But the Orioles have already postponed 2 games, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

The Orioles have two Parks, Aberdeen and Bowie, that they can and probably would consider before using DC's Major League Park.

The Orioles have two Parks, Aberdeen and Bowie, that they can and probably would consider before using DC's Major League Park.

Maybe so, but I was asking in order to explore all possibilities.

Nobody (as far as I know) on the OH has any idea what the Orioles, the White Sox, and/or Major League Baseball are thinking, so I don't think that the suggestion or my questions in regard to the suggestion is necessarily inappropriate.

Maybe so, but I was asking in order to explore all possibilities.

Nobody (as far as I know) on the OH has any idea what the Orioles, the White Sox, and/or Major League Baseball are thinking, so I don't think that the suggestion or my questions in regard to the suggestion is necessarily inappropriate.

Your idea is no more inappropriate than mine, nor did I say it was. I thought we were both just giving opinions.

As for the idea above of canceling the series, we cannot forget about the weekend series with Tampa, where things are likely to get "interesting" in the city again. The best choice in my opinion is to schedule one of our minor league parks for the next 4 games until we go on the road trip. We then don't return home again until May 11 and I would hope things have settled down by then.

For anyone suggesting moving the series to one of the minor league parks, the chances of that happening are less than a snowballs chance in hell. Even if attendance is expected to suffer from these events, they'd still draw more by having it at Camden Yards than they would at any of the minor league parks. The only one even remotely close in attendance is Norfolk, and that's not happening. Save for an exhibition, there's absolutely zero chance of this happening anywhere.

Your idea is no more inappropriate than mine, nor did I say it was. I thought we were both just giving opinions.

As for the idea above of canceling the series, we cannot forget about the weekend series with Tampa, where things are likely to get "interesting" in the city again. The best choice in my opinion is to schedule one of our minor league parks for the next 4 games until we go on the road trip. We then don't return home again until May 11 and I would hope things have settled down by then.

OK, thanks.

Misunderstanding on my part.

Sorry.

You got a lot of smart thought there.

But, part of me, doesn't want to give into the hooligans.

Like the POTUS said after 9-11. and not an exact quote, but the gist is, You got to keep living your life and not be scared to leave your home, you can't let them win.

o

What about R.F.K. Stadium?

Is the disinclination to play in Nationals Park due to to the fact that it is the Nationals' stadium, or is it because they don't want to play the games in the city of Washington?

Or, is it both?

Or, is it neither of the two?

Not sure if this is meant to be a joke but RFK stadium hasn't been set up for baseball for years now. It is now a full time soccer stadium. Theres literally no way they could make an infield, put up outfield walls etc in a day. That is crazy to even be suggested.

I find it difficult to imagine that tomorrow will be much better than today. What will happen if we lose a third game to this?

Imagine how much stress it will create on the pitching staff if we were to lose 3 off-days later in the season. Do we even have 3 common off-days with the Sox?

I am beginning to wonder if MLB is quietly planning to just scrap these games and hedge their bets that they will be irrelevant at the end of the season. If they aren't, I'd say that MLB should damned sight be planning on finding an alternative site to play tomorrow and squeeze in a DH there as well.

For anyone suggesting moving the series to one of the minor league parks, the chances of that happening are less than a snowballs chance in hell. Even if attendance is expected to suffer from these events, they'd still draw more by having it at Camden Yards than they would at any of the minor league parks. The only one even remotely close in attendance is Norfolk, and that's not happening. Save for an exhibition, there's absolutely zero chance of this happening anywhere.

It's not about attendance. It's about providing a safe environment for the game. And unless something drastically changes, I don't see the area surrounding OPACY as being safe this week. The stadium itself should be fine once you're inside, but getting to and from will not be.

Yeah, that was my line of reasoning in suggesting R.F.K. Stadium.

Dump or not, it seats about 45,000 and change for baseball.

I'm sure that Bowie and Aberdeen have very nice stadiums, and it would probably be extremely cool to have the Orioles play a few games there ...... but the fact that Bowie seats only 10,000 and Aberdeen seats only 6,000 and change makes it (I believe) unlikely that the games will be moved there.

Archived