Live from Camden Yards: No fans game!

Tony-OH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of people are saying or implying that the attendance for today's game is a record-setting zero. That doesn't sound right to me. Official attendance at MLB games has nothing to do with how many pass through the turnstiles. Rather, it's how many tickets are sold for the game. The fact that Oriole management decided not to let those paying customers in and will let them turn in their tickets shouldn't affect the official attendance, any more than when a team agrees to give ticket holders a break when there is an official game after a lengthy rain delay. Granted this is a one-time occurrence, but the logic of how MLB records attendance tells me it's not zero even if no one is there.

Manny crushes a home run to left-center after allowing two unearned runs on a terrible throwing error. His 3-for-3 has his average up to a season high .257.

O's up 8-2, bottom 5.

Manny is a triple away from the cycle. If that happens I hope the press box breaks tradition and cheers like crazy.

If only Nestor were there. :clap3:

Yell at the cameraman, "Hey, down in front, I can't see!"

I feel like yelling that to half the press in my section. Bunch of single day passes with no idea about not acting like a four-year old during a game. Sit down and stay down. Get popcorn and drinks between innings!

I feel like yelling that half the press in my section. Bunch of single day passes with no idea about not acting like a four-year old during a game. Sit down and stay down. Get popcorn and drinks between innings!

Yeah, see if you can get Peter Schmuck Tom Davis or to stop eating. Good luck with that :D

I cant wait to watch this on DVR tonight. Did Thorne do his typical home run calls for Crush and Manny?

Gary Thorne just had one of the best calls I've ever heard in a baseball game on Adam's double off the wall. Keep an eye (ear?) out for that tonight.

Archived