The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

We haven't had enough leads in the late innings for Andrew Miller to have made much of a difference yet this season.

Seriously, how many leads have we blown in the late innings? I remember the Yankees game where Tommy Hunter gave up the grand slam to Stephen Drew. I can't remember any others.

The bullpen hasn't always done very well in keeping the game close when we've fallen behind, but Andrew Miller wouldn't be used in those situations anyway.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We haven't had enough leads in the late innings for Andrew Miller to have made much of a difference yet this season.

Seriously, how many leads have we blown in the late innings? I remember the Yankees game where Tommy Hunter gave up the grand slam to Stephen Drew. I can't remember any others.

The bullpen hasn't always done very well in keeping the game close when we've fallen behind, but Andrew Miller wouldn't be used in those situations anyway.

That was the only game we have lost late. As you pointed out we haven't always kept games close but as you said Miller would not of impacted those games much either.

At the end of the year I hope everyone revisits this thread, or it is still alive, and everyone realizes how much the ownership and FO abolutely screwed the fans over this year. Because next year? You have a large part of this team leaving and I can promise you they are not going to be replaced with equal value. This was the year to go all in and put all of your cards on the table.

We folded.

We are 40 games into our season, in last place in our division, and have only three teams in the AL have a worse record. Our plan to let the best reliever in baseball, the defending HR leader, and a right fielder that was adequate leave and do nothing to replace them appears to be flawed. Our plan that production from Manny and Wieters returning and would offset the loss of the free agents would only be successful if we had no injuries.

In the winter of 2014 Keith Law said in an interview that he thought in 2016 the Orioles would have a dominant pitching staff with Erod, Harvey, and Bundy. With Harvey possibly facing Tommy John surgery, and Erod in Pawtucket, only Bundy is left.

Which brings me to this question. What is this organization?s plan? What the organization has to realize is they have a potential World Series team right down the road. You better try to put a good product on the field. If not you are going t lose fans particularly young fans in Howard And Anne Arundel Counties. People like a winner. Right now that is the Nats.

It's got to the point were I look at the Box score with one eye closed.

I don't think this team has the means to turn this around.The O's

were built on C.Davis M. Machado and of course M.Wietiers and a few players

carried over from 2014.

I just can't think why there wasn't more thought put into this winning team of 2014.

At this point the O's should look at this team and build for 2016.Time to let go

of some players and start fresh,called fire sale.

This team is terrible,sorry.

carried over from 2014.

I just can't think why there wasn't more thought put into this winning team of 2014.

At this point the O's should look at this team and build for 2016.Time to let go

A couple months early for this kind of post. We are 5 games out of first and everyone else in the division is flawed. If we start doing the little things it takes to win we will be fine.

I do think expecting a bunch of journey men and career part time players to hold down RF and LF (two important offensive positions) was ill advised.

carried over from 2014.

Yankees must have won for a change. Red Sox too. No need to pretend that you root for the Orioles.

A couple months early for this kind of post. We are 5 games out of first and everyone else in the division is flawed. If we start doing the little things it takes to win we will be fine.

I do think expecting a bunch of journey men and career part time players to hold down RF and LF (two important offensive positions) was ill advised.

I am just not sure how this team expected to with guys like De Aza, Lough, Snider, Joseph etc playing large parts of the season. Yes they are all good short term plug ins, but none of these guys can help a team throughout an entire year. This is what I mean when I say I think DD cost this team in a huge way by what happened with Toronto. I don't care what anyone says. Put it this way, if you were working at XYZ company and got offered a job at ABC company that you really wanted, with higher pay and more responsibility.....would your heart be 100% in doing your job at XYZ? And if you were prohibited from taking this new job by the owners at XYZ, would you feel resentment and probably not be 100% committed to your old job? Of course you would. Its human nature.

What happened this off season was a travesty because not only did it create a lot of hard feelings at the warehouse, but it cost this team THIS YEAR. This was the year guys. This was the year to win it all. And we gave up.

You can make the case that this was the year to go for it. However, much of this season's first 34 games can be attributed to terrible starts by Tillman and Norris. What would our current record be with Miller and Cruz?

It would be better, that I can say with near 100% certainty. Cruz is having a triple crown type of year, and Miller is lights out as usual. Plus, I have talked about this before but some people really need to stop looking at stats and WAR as the be all and end all of the number of wins and losses a team will have throughout the year. I cannot stress enough how much confidence and swagger can play in how well an athlete performs. The team knowing Cruz can hit one out and change a game at anytime is HUGE for the other batters morale. Plus it allows those hitting around him to get better pitches. And knowing Miller was in the bullpen, ready to lock a game down? Giant boost to the starting pitchers morale as they know they don't have the pressure on them to pitch a near perfect game for 8 innings. They know if they go 5-7 good innings, that is enough. Makes it so much easier to pitch free and easy that way.

I believe that when the other players saw Cruz and Miller in the lineup, it gave them a sense of confidence and well being that is severely lacking right now. Now we are back to the same old thing of where Jones and Davis pretty much have to win the game for us, and if they aren't hitting we score 1-2 runs. That feeds off itself and leads to massive pressure on everyone....which is good for no one.

I think this is an 85-87 win team. It's like the 2013 team. Can never get good pitching and hitting on track at the same time. Looks great one day, looks average the next. No consistency. Thats how you limp to a .500 record.

Maybe they catch fire in the 2nd half like the 2012 team did, who knows. It's just not looking great right now.

Archived