vs. YANKEES, 5/10

OFFNY

So pitcher is smart to keep throwing with tendonitis? Keep injuring himself for 2 months and now has a chance at a more serious issue? No you say!?!? So it was and still is stupid.

Aren't you a former player? Did you run to the trainer every time you had a sore muscle? I'm sure Gausman didn't think it was anything serious as most pitchers have experienced stiffness or soreness at some point. And the fact that he was throwing 100 mph should be a good indication that what he was experiencing didn't impede him that much.

Your demonstrative language in describing him makes it sound as if you are less than objective.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't you a former player? Did you run to the trainer every time you had a sore muscle? I'm sure Gausman didn't think it was anything serious as most pitchers have experienced stiffness or soreness at some point. And the fact that he was throwing 100 mph should be a good indication that what he was experiencing didn't impede him that much.

Your demonstrative language in describing him makes it sound as if you are less than objective.

As a former player anytime I felt pain throwing I said something. I went from a pitcher to and OF because highschool coach thought I was a whiner. Went to my family doc and so on.. And found out I bone spurs in my shoulder. Had surgery and didn't throw for 6 months. If I had ignored it would have been a lot wiser, right? So Stiffness happens, so does tightness but combined with pain that's a big deal. He had the combo and kept silent on it.

As a former player anytime I felt pain throwing I said something. I went from a pitcher to and OF because highschool coach thought I was a whiner. Went to my family doc and so on.. And found out I bone spurs in my shoulder. Had surgery and didn't throw for 6 months. If I had ignored it would have been a lot wiser, right? So Stiffness happens, so does tightness but combined with pain that's a big deal. He had the combo and kept silent on it.

No one thinks a player should ignore a legitimate injury, but you calling him stupid without having all the facts is foolish. Since when has a media report or one or two quotes represented the entirety of the situation? You don't know whether or not how much stiffness or soreness he was experiencing or whether or not he thought it was that far from normal muscle soreness until it became a problem.

Archived