Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

o

(AUGUST 10th)

The Orioles win.

The Yankees lose.

By the way, the Yankees have lost both of their games in which the newly-acquired Sonny Gray has pitched for them.

Gray pitched reasonably well in both of those games, but the Yankees' offense scored a grand total of 1 run in both of those games combined ...... hey, those kinds of things only happen to the Orioles !!! ) :mad:

o

17 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(AUGUST 24th)

The Orioles have a day off.

The Yankees lose.

Close enough, particularly considering that the Orioles won their most recent game yesterday afternoon.

o

Not only that, but they probably have some suspensions coming up after several bench-clearing incidents and one brawl:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-tigers-get-into-massive-brawl-after-miguel-cabrera-throws-some-punches/

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Not only that, but they probably have some suspensions coming up after several bench-clearing incidents and one brawl:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/yankees-tigers-get-into-massive-brawl-after-miguel-cabrera-throws-some-punches/

I just watched all the "action" clips on Gameday. Wow. Lots of HBP and bad blood. I think there were some lingering issues from their recent NYC series?

3 hours ago, Chavez Ravine said:

The bean ball to McCann's head was scary.  But I guess those hi-tech batting helmets work.

Like a force field, apparently. I never would have believed it. If it misses the helmet and gets one's face, eyes or nose, ... man.

That's some ridiculous stuff, that head hunting. 98mph. 

There's a theory in one story I read that Cabrerra had planned that fight so he'd be ejected before his at bat as he wanted no part of a 103mph fastball at his head from Chapman. Can't blame him.

The thrower of that pitch to McCann should be suspended for the rest of the season, if not for life. It was that scary and intentional. If Gerardi (from the clubhouse) or a coach called for that pitch the same goes for them. I am not opposed to a brushback pitch thigh high or so at 85 or so..but to throw that hard and high is just wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

The thrower of that pitch to McCann should be suspended for the rest of the season, if not for life. It was that scary and intentional. If Gerardi (from the clubhouse) or a coach called for that pitch the same goes for them. I am not opposed to a brushback pitch thigh high or so at 85 or so..but to throw that hard and high is just wrong.

Agreed. Also notice, McCann. That pitch was so fast (YES clock read 98mph), he had practically zero time to respond. It's on him before he had time to hardly move. At all. Can you imagine one from Chapman at 102 - 103?