Brian Matusz suspension (8 Days Confirmed, Back Today)

Crazysilver03

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So kinda.

Until he starts a ml rehab I won't hold my breath.

I could be wrong but I think he can only start a minor league rehab stint when he comes off the DL. But don't relievers get less time than starting pitchers for rehab? Like 10 days instead of 20? So it will be relatively soon after June 11.

I could be wrong but I think he can only start a minor league rehab stint when he comes off the DL. But don't relievers get less time than starting pitchers for rehab? Like 10 days instead of 20? So it will be relatively soon after June 11.

Matt is still on the 60 day DL.

Rehab assignments only occur while on the DL. Pitchers get 30 days. No distinction between starters or relievers. Position players get 20 days.

That's retroactive to like mid-April, though, right? Which would make mid-June a possibility? I consider that "soon", may be mistaken, though.

Right. Forgot that it was retroactive, so yes mid June would be a possibility.

I would rather lose him then deal with a short bench.

I just don't think it will be that easy.

They are currently only playing with a 24 man squad anyway.....;)

FREE TRAVIS SNIDER

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesCandyGram?src=hash">#OriolesCandyGram</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TravisSniderBlows?src=hash">#TravisSniderBlows</a> <a href="http://t.co/tL5tRoRg47">pic.twitter.com/tL5tRoRg47</a></p>— Birdland Daily (@BirdlandDaily) <a href="

">May 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now at least for 8 games, Brian Matusz will be used properly.

He was pitching well. His replacement did not. Not that we would have ever scored against Carter "Illegal Pitch" Capps, but I think we would not have lost that game in the bottom of the 13th inning if Matusz continued to pitch.

He was pitching well. His replacement did not. Not that we would have ever scored against Carter "Illegal Pitch" Capps, but I think we would not have lost that game in the bottom of the 13th inning if Matusz continued to pitch.

There were a lot of righties coming up in that 13th inning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, he seems to be doing his job. Not sure what it is with Brian that makes it appear he is worse than he is? Maybe its the fact that the games he blows are well remembered? I guess it could be the salary he's getting and his failed first round draft pick status? Not sure, but you're right, he's not as bad as many make him out to be.

I think I figured out some of why Brian looks worse than his stats. How many inherited runners does he allow to score? Last night for instance he gave up a 2 run double that goes against Hunter, not Matusz. I wonder how many of these has occurred that don't show up in his ERA stat line?

I think I figured out some of why Brian looks worse than his stats. How many inherited runners does he allow to score? Last night for instance he gave up a 2 run double that goes against Hunter, not Matusz. I wonder how many of these has occurred that don't show up in his ERA stat line?

That is something you can look up Dip.

Someone posted it was 4 out of 8. Not sure if that included last night. I know against Tampa, he came in with the bases loaded and walked in two runs and couldn't get the third out. Someone bailed him out. So I guess he got credited with stranding 1 of 3 runners while giving up 0 runs in .1 innings. That night and last night, the next guy cleaned up his mess so he had 4 base runners in .1 innings, but no runs scored on him in those two appearances.

11 walks in 17 innings isn't cutting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived