vs. ASTROS, 5/27

OFFNY

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Well, Westburg could start at 2nd instead of Mateo.   McCann could be used as just a back up catcher instead of using him just to get an extra RH bat in the lineup. He's been in 19 of the teams 41 games. That seems a bit excessive for a guy that's just a backup.   You really don't have to squint to see an opportunity for a player to get a chance... especially if he can start hitting rather quickly.
    • I honestly haven't seen his defense enough but someone with his bat should find a job somewhere, if not for the Orioles.
    • Harrison Bader of the Mets is another option.  He's an above average center fielder,so would help on defense.  He doesn't bring much offensively, with a .659 OPS and only 1 HR this year.  His OPS against LHP this year is barely above .600, but for his career, he hits LHP better w/ a .807 OPS. 
    • Does he have the defense? After adjusting his numbers down (from triple a to MLB), do you think he can hang on full time?  I really like him, but don’t know enough about projecting players.  Thanks for the wisdom.
    • That’s my point. Mateo has great range at 2nd base. With all the bat talk, have we really discussed how good Mateo has been at 2B?  We haven’t really seen him play there in his Oriole career.  What is Mateo’s range like compared to other MLB 2B purely at 2B?  Can that be looked up? Rep to anyone that knows. 
    • The only way McCann goes somewhere is if somehow a Catcher with options hits the DFA market, we claim him, and down the road McCann gets hurt and said catcher wins the job.  In the playoffs, we’ll see Adley catching every game. That’s our big advantage. Adley’s bat at the catcher spot.  Urias for Mayo/Holliday is what the long term goal should be for August. Urias is a fine regular season player, but this team can go to another level offensively if Mayo/Holliday can get to a .750 OPS in the MLB the rest of the season. Similar to how we developed Gunnar last year. 
    • Wagner and Horvath are the only real disappointments so far for me. How much does injury play a role in that? The tiers with the bats look to be, Potential Stars/All Stars - Holliday, Mayo, and Basallo Everyday starters for the O’s  - Kjerstad, Beavers, EBJ Platoon Player/starter for another MLB team - Norby Too Early to tell/Flawed - Horvath, Wagner, Fabian, Willems, Etzel
  • Popular Contributors