Chen

Tillman

Gausman

Wright

Bundy

Wilson

Ubaldo

Norris

I agree with your rankings Gordo. The thing is, who do you trade from that group. The bottom two get you nothing in return. I think Gonzo gets a nice return but he is very valuable to us. Chen? He might get a decent return from a contender. I do not think the Orioles are interested in moving Tillman, Gausman, Wright, Bundy or Wilson.

Bundy is either at the top or the bottom of that list depending on what his medicals actually are.
If we are talking TD trades it would be to a contender who needs immediate help. Bundy does not fit that description. A team, looking for long term improvement most likely will be out of it, and selling.

I agree with your rankings Gordo. The thing is, who do you trade from that group. The bottom two get you nothing in return. I think Gonzo gets a nice return but he is very valuable to us. Chen? He might get a decent return from a contender. I do not think the Orioles are interested in moving Tillman, Gausman, Wright, Bundy or Wilson.
I think you have to weigh the need a good field, good hit COF with what you are giving up. I would hold on to Gonzo. I'd trade any of the others for that OF.

I'd push Chen down to 4th in that group and leave the rest intact. Chen only has about a half year of team control so whoever gets him will probably lose him at the end of the year. Tillman is under team control for a few more years as is Gausman. Gausman has shown flashes of brilliance and someone is going to think they can be the one to bring out his consistency. Tillman has shown he can be a legit #2 type starter. He'll get it turned around and other teams know this.

Though Chen may have a lot of value to a larger market team that feels that by picking him up in a trade gives them a better chance to re-sign him in FA. Somebody like the Dodgers, the Angels, the Mets, the Braves, etc.

Depends on how Tillman looks the rest of the way IMO. He doesn't look like someone who would help a contender right now.

Tillman would probably bring back the most value

They should trade Chen, if they know (and they should know) that they aren't going to sign him

They won't trade any stating pitching until they see how the AL East shakes out.

If Cuetto and Justin Upton find their way to the AL East it may force the O's hand

Tillman has the most value. But why would they make any trade when they are

still in the hunt? I don't think they would. IMO

Tillman has the most value. But why would they make any trade when they are

still in the hunt? I don't think they would. IMO

They wont remain in the hunt if they don't do something about COF. Right now Tillman does not have the most value.

Archived