The Orioles get these two trades done and we are contenders in the AL East...

markakis8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me in the No column for both Zobrist and Howard. Zobrist had arthrospic knee surgery this season and has been ineffective. And he'd be a rental player for a team that I don't think is a playoff contender (hopefully I'm wrong). And I don't want another Chris Davis. The O's need a quality hitter - they don't necessarily need a big power hitter who strikes out a zillion times.

No thanks...not really interested in Howard unless he is essentially free and we can dump him when and if we want to. If the guys who we have on the 40 man cannot right this ship in the next six weeks then the only question should be who do move rather than who do we add. If they do right the ship then in six weeks lets see what we think we need.

Trumbo was the guy to get. I'm still all about getting Josh Reddick. I've seen enough of just throwing a group of guys out there and hoping one sticks. Pearce, Young, Lough, Snider, De Aza this year. We don't have the positional talent to do a quick makeover in the offseason. Reddick can help now and for next year. And has a GG. Overpay. Gotta do something.

Are we willing to spend money? That's what it all comes down to. Based on our offseason, I am not sure the organization is prepared to shell out millions for anyone right now.

It would help to get any of these guys mentioned, no doubt, but the uncertainty with Duquette and the ownership's lack of motivation to spend are the issues.

Are we willing to spend money? That's what it all comes down to. Based on our offseason, I am not sure the organization is prepared to shell out millions for anyone right now.

It would help to get any of these guys mentioned, no doubt, but the uncertainty with Duquette and the ownership's lack of motivation to spend are the issues.

I meant overpay in terms of a prospect package for Reddick or a guy that just isn't a rental. But nothing crazy. The Orioles problem is that DD's theory of just throwing 5 OF's against a wall and hoping that 2 competent ones shake out, has not worked out this year. Many fans, including myself, feel that given we were coming off an ALCS, we should have kept quality over quantity. This year was too valuable to leave the fate of the team in Pearce, Snider and De Aza's hands. That's my gripe.

No, we don't. If you show patience in Pearce, he'll start to hit again. Snider probably will too although I'm not as confident there. Davis looks much better lately. Wieters and Joseph should be a decent catching platoon. We need a middle of the order. We need Pearce, Davis, and Jones to hit at the same time.

Why should it b Pearce will hit again? He's had one good year. Same with Snider. I'd trade Wilson and Walker for Zobrist. No thanks to Howard.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Ortiz is hitting .196 vs fastballs. Lowest since 2009

2015 .196

2009 .213

2010 .280

2014 .283

2008 .287

2012 .318

2013 .335

2011 .342</p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitiful.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Ortiz is hitting .196 vs fastballs. Lowest since 2009

2015 .196

2009 .213

2010 .280

2014 .283

2008 .287

2012 .318

2013 .335

2011 .342</p>? Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">June 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitiful.

The world will be a better place when David Ortiz, A-Rod, and Bautista are no longer in the game.

Ryan Howard's name has come up in conversation a few times in the past month and my reaction remains the same

giphy.gif

He's absurdly expensive and is producing an OPS+ of 103

If the Phils ate all but $2M of his remaining deal and he was okay with being a strict platoon DH and the Phils only wanted a random org guy from Frederick in return it might not be awful.

Archived