You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

After finishing the 1st half of and starting the 2nd half of the season as the hottest team in baseball (they went 17-3 from June 27th through July 22nd), the Angels have lost 9 out of their last 10 games.

Just when it looked like they were going to overtake the young, upstart Houston Astros in the West division, the southern Californians find themselves once again fighting for position for a postseason birth.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149108-2015-California-Angels

I think we will have to finish ahead of the Angels to make the playoffs. Twins look very vulnerable. I think they can hang in but I am not sold on them, of course I still don't know what we have in the Orioles. As much as I can't stand them the Jays look like a playoff team to me.

I think we will have to finish ahead of the Angels to make the playoffs. Twins look very vulnerable. I think they can hang in but I am not sold on them, of course I still don't know what we have in the Orioles. As much as I can't stand them the Jays look like a playoff team to me.

Could be O's-Jays for the wildcard.

Angels, Rangers,Jays and Orioles for the WC.

No love for the Twins and White Sox? Still too early for me to handicap. But Vegas is another story...

World Series Odds, 8/3/15

Royals 9/2

Yankees 10/1

Blue Jays 10/1

Astros 12/1

Angels 14/1

-----

Twins 33/1

Orioles 40/1

Tigers 40/1

Rays 50/1

Red Sox 66/1

White Sox 66/1

Indians 66/1

Rangers 66/1

Mariners 100/1

Athletics 200/1

No love for the Twins and White Sox? Still too early for me to handicap. But Vegas is another story...

World Series Odds, 8/3/15

Royals 9/2

Yankees 10/1

Blue Jays 10/1

Astros 12/1

Angels 14/1

-----

Twins 33/1

Orioles 40/1

Tigers 40/1

Rays 50/1

Red Sox 66/1

White Sox 66/1

Indians 66/1

Rangers 66/1

Mariners 100/1

Athletics 200/1

How are the Athletics only 200:1? Shouldn't they be like 20,000:1?

They're 8.0 games out of the wildcard, right? In 1951 the Dodgers held a 13.5 game lead on August 11th and the Giants won. There have been what, 280-odd MLB pennant races in history, and if one team really did come back from a lot more than 8.0 games back at this point that would be some evidence that it's not 20,000:1.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Fan-in-Vegas-bet-Cardinals-to-win-World-Series-a?urn=mlb-wp24823

This is from the Cardinals miracle playoff run to win it all in 2011, if they were 20,000 to 1 odds or anything more than they were this guy would have been a multi millionaire.

I know it doesn't happen very often, but it does from time to time. If the odds were outlandish like that you wouldn't get very much action on it, but you would have very wealthy people laying money on high odds like that and in the event that it did hit, Vegas would take a huge loss. So you will never see odds like that for that reason, not even the 16 seeds in the NCAA tournament are 20,000 to 1 odds.

Archived