Chance Sisco....(Promoted to Norfolk)

EagleOriole

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First time seeing Sisco. I was surprised how big he was. I guess when all you do is see box scores; and the guy has 1 home run, you think he's Ichiro.

LH catcher that can hit. I'm wondering if we re sign MW, and don't trade Chance away, if he could play 3rd base or COF. Looks like his bat is going to be ready at least by this time next year.

Yeah, he's a big boy. As I mentioned earlier I think the lack of HRs has to be a bit of an anomaly. Not that he's going to be a power hitter, but he did have 6HRs last year despite missing a fair amount of time with injury. Especially at OPACY I think he'll have enough power to be acceptable.

Sounds like he's made strides on defense but isn't there yet. That's probably his biggest hurdle at this point.

Yeah, he's a big boy. As I mentioned earlier I think the lack of HRs has to be a bit of an anomaly. Not that he's going to be a power hitter, but he did have 6HRs last year despite missing a fair amount of time with injury. Especially at OPACY I think he'll have enough power to be acceptable.

Sounds like he's made strides on defense but isn't there yet. That's probably his biggest hurdle at this point.

All I know is, where he hit it out in the Future's Game at Petco is not a place where guys with "no power" hit homeruns. The power is there, it is just a matter of him tapping into it. I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation that he becomes a 10-15 homerun guy in Baltimore.

I still haven't seen many reports on his defense other than that he had a reputation previously of not being very good.

I remember someone posted his surface #'s CS %, errors, passed balls and they compared favorably to other catchers in our system. No reason to think he can't keep improving and become an adequate defensive catcher.

Really bummed that I missed the Futures Game on Sunday (had to work, alas) because I was looking forward to seeing Sisco behind the plate in particular. If I can find a replay somewhere I'll watch and write up what I see.

One reason I'm super high on Sisco is he hits well against top competition. Last year he homered off Giolito, this year he went oppo in the Futures Game, and generally when I've looked at box scores and recognize the name of the opposing pitcher, he's done well. That's the kind of thing you don't see looking at overall numbers, but it bodes well for success as he moves up the ladder.

How bad has he been at SS?

I would think they would try him at 2B before moving him to LF.

For guys this far away I would not consider the big league team too much when thinking about where to play them. Shouldn't force him to 3B if he doesn't have the arm for it.

Ryan Mountcastle.

Do you really think he is less than 6'4" and 210 LBS?

Really bummed that I missed the Futures Game on Sunday (had to work, alas) because I was looking forward to seeing Sisco behind the plate in particular. If I can find a replay somewhere I'll watch and write up what I see.

One reason I'm super high on Sisco is he hits well against top competition. Last year he homered off Giolito, this year he went oppo in the Futures Game, and generally when I've looked at box scores and recognize the name of the opposing pitcher, he's done well. That's the kind of thing you don't see looking at overall numbers, but it bodes well for success as he moves up the ladder.

He looked very good the couple times I have seen him this season in person. I was concerned about his lack of real power, but the Futures game blast was deep enough. His throw to second was awful on Sunday.

I'd be pretty happy with an .800 OPS catcher with a high OBP and not much power. There's only eight .800 OPS catchers in MLB right now (150 PA minimum). And I do think Sisco will develop more power as he matures, though he probably won't ever be a 20 homer guy.

Chance Sisco is at .324 .414 right now at Bowie.

Who is the last Oriole prospect to put up numbers like this at an advanced level at his age (21)? Has their been one? He's leading the Eastern League in OBP and second in Batting.

Matt Wieters was 22 and put up gaudy numbers at Bowie. Jerry Hairston put up. .326 .393 at Bowie at age 22. I can't think of anyone else in recent history that has come close and certainly not 21 or younger.

Chance Sisco is at .324 .414 right now at Bowie.

Who is the last Oriole prospect to put up numbers like this at an advanced level at his age (21)? Has their been one? He's leading the Eastern League in OBP and second in Batting.

Matt Wieters was 22 and put up gaudy numbers at Bowie. Jerry Hairston put up. .326 .393 at Bowie at age 22. I can't think of anyone else in recent history that has come close and certainly not 21 or younger.

Brandon Snyder dominated Bowie at age 22. Markakis at 21. LJ Hoes didn't quite dominate but he did hit .305/.379/.413 at 21. And then there's Manny, who hit .266/.352/.438 at age 19. Schoop and Xavier Avery also put in okay seasons at Bowie at 20 and 21, respectively.

Dude is a hitting machine. He's had the highest batting avg of pretty much every league he's played in. He's 21. If he were a cub he would be a top 25 prospect.

I know we don't have any room for him this year but I'm starting to wonder if he could help out in September. He could be a nice little spark for us. I'd like to see him promoted to Norfolk but we all know how that works out for our hitting prospects.

I know there is value at C, but no point of holding is bat back to let his defense catch up. That's what winter leagues are for. We all want more hitters that work the count. Well he could be an alternative to Alvarez down the stretch.

Dude is a hitting machine. He's had the highest batting avg of pretty much every league he's played in. He's 21. If he were a cub he would be a top 25 prospect.

I know we don't have any room for him this year but I'm starting to wonder if he could help out in September. He could be a nice little spark for us. I'd like to see him promoted to Norfolk but we all know how that works out for our hitting prospects.

I know there is value at C, but no point of holding is bat back to let his defense catch up. That's what winter leagues are for. We all want more hitters that work the count. Well he could be an alternative to Alvarez down the stretch.

You mean the Alvarez who's been on fire for over a month? Incredibly low probability that Sisco will out hit Alvarez down the stretch in ML.

Archived