Chance Sisco....(Promoted to Norfolk)

EagleOriole

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 for 4 tonight. Just another day at the office. BA back up to .320.

I can't way to see this guy in Baltimore next season.

Career high in innings logged at catcher and a career high in fielding percentage. Most impressive is the only four passed balls on the year. CS percentage is around 25 percent but that could theoretically improve to around 30 percent (league average) on the big league club where we have several starters that hold runners very well. He seems to be coming along defensively.

Career high in innings logged at catcher and a career high in fielding percentage. Most impressive is the only four passed balls on the year. CS percentage is around 25 percent but that could theoretically improve to around 30 percent (league average) on the big league club where we have several starters that hold runners very well. He seems to be coming along defensively.

Watching him in person, there is something about his defense that says "I'm not going to stay a catcher." I can't put my finger on it though. I could see him getting moved, especially if he keeps his bat going in the majors.

Remember, he's still just 21 and likely isn't there yet defensively. I think 2018 is the year to pencil him into the lineup. And hopefully we'll see a little more power by then.

Remember, he's still just 21 and likely isn't there yet defensively. I think 2018 is the year to pencil him into the lineup. And hopefully we'll see a little more power by then.

I think it's correct that Sisco still needs another year (or at least, the better part of next year) to gain more experience defensively, and I'd also like to see him perform with/against AAA pitchers, who tend to be a lot more experienced than those in AA. He's certainly done about all that he can do at the AA level.

I think it's correct that Sisco still needs another year (or at least, the better part of next year) to gain more experience defensively, and I'd also like to see him perform with/against AAA pitchers, who tend to be a lot more experienced than those in AA. He's certainly done about all that he can do at the AA level.

I could see him taking his lumps at the major league level next season depending on what we do at catcher in the offseason.

I think it all comes down to how he looks in Spring Training handling the pitching staff.

I could see him taking his lumps at the major league level next season depending on what we do at catcher in the offseason.

I think it all comes down to how he looks in Spring Training handling the pitching staff.

The team will need to make a decision about whether to retain Wieters or acquire another veteran catcher before they get a look at Sisco in spring training. Personally, unless the team goes into rebuilding mode, I don't see them letting Sisco take his lumps at the major league level. Plus, I doubt they want his service clock to begin running on Opening Day. This could be a situation like 2009, when the O's opened the season with Zaun and Moeller behind the plate knowing that Wieters would get called up eventually. In Wieters' case they called him up in late May, but in Sisco's case I think it will be later.

There are a handful of journeyman catchers this offseason who may be willing to take a 1-2 year contract to bridge to Sisco.

I think our hope that Caleb could take on the full-time role beginning next season with a one-year guy as a back up may have been overly optimistic. We may need a full-time starter with Caleb continuing the back-up role until the front office is comfortable with Sisco behind the plate.

There are a handful of journeyman catchers this offseason who may be willing to take a 1-2 year contract to bridge to Sisco.

I think our hope that Caleb could take on the full-time role beginning next season with a one-year guy as a back up may have been overly optimistic. We may need a full-time starter with Caleb continuing the back-up role until the front office is comfortable with Sisco behind the plate.

Alex Avila or Jarrod Saltamacchia on one year contracts could be an attractive option.

The catching market does seem unusually deep this offseason. Didn't realize Wilson Ramos was a free agent as well.

Thanks for linking - that has been my thought on Sisco: start him at AAA to begin the year while we sign some low cost veteran to platoon with Joseph/Pena and serve as a bridge to Chance, either later in 2017 or, hopefully at worst, early 2018.

My little prediction: they hand Sisco an OF glove and send him to AZ this winter. He's big and athletic and that should play well in a small park like Camden Yards.

Nope. Roster announced just this afternoon.

AZ Fall League rosters announced: #Orioles sending DJ Stewart, Jesus Liranzo, Jimmy Yacabonis, Austin Wynns, Tanner Scott, Adrian Marin.

Chance is in Norfolk's lineup today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chance Sisco collects his first Triple-A hit and RBI with a run-scoring single in the 4th inning! Norfolk now leads at Charlotte 7-1 </p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

">September 1, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived