Andrew Miller DL'd with Forearm Strain

weams

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when Rick, CoC, CA-Oriole, and many others were "new". They got into the conversations and earned respect. Others had initial problems, adapted, gained respect, and now are really good posters. I won't name any as that wouldn't be cool to do. IMO, it can easily be done. The cream rises to the top and people that want to belong/contribute to a community find a way to do so.

For the record I was a pretty sparse poster the first year. I was posting for free and kinda liked it. ;)

It also let me get a lay of the land so to speak.

Okay. Let's test out just how wonderfully nice you guys are. Here's a hypothetical but I think the hypothetical is very close to being a truism.

Scenario 1.

1. The Yankees stay completely healthy all year long, win the East and the Orioles miss the playoffs.

Scenario 2

2. The Yankees suffer injuries to some important players, finish out of the playoffs, enabling the Orioles to win the division.

Do you prefer scenario one or two?

Oh no, I could never really wish ill health to any team even the MF...excuse me Yankees. We'll just have to sit out the playoffs this year.

Glinda-The-Good-Witch-the-wizard-of-oz-6159668-305-423.jpg

I would rather celebrate the future flexibility that comes from not being chained to boat anchor contracts that last for years. Being only 3 games out of the WC with 2/3rds of the season left to play isn't so bad either for a team that didn't sign anyone of "significance".

Most of all I think I'll celebrate the complete lack of non-buyers remorse I feel under the circumstances.

Financial flexibility is only useful when its used. Call me dubious about that.

I'm not happy that Cruz and Miller are currently hurt.

I am however happy that there is little chance that someone is going to start yet another thread about how the O's should have retained Cruz and Miller.

I am patiently waiting for their return! Seriously though, I never advocated resigning Cruz, I was on the fence about that. I did advocate signing Miller. Early, that looked good, now it looks like I was wrong. Since we didn't sign him, I would be happy to be wrong but lets see how it plays out.

Okay. Let's test out just how wonderfully nice you guys are. Here's a hypothetical but I think the hypothetical is very close to being a truism.

Scenario 1.

1. The Yankees stay completely healthy all year long, win the East and the Orioles miss the playoffs.

Scenario 2

2. The Yankees suffer injuries to some important players, finish out of the playoffs, enabling the Orioles to win the division.

Do you prefer scenario one or two?

I know you didn't ask me, but anway... two, except I'd be wary of the media feeling bad for the Yanks and putting a damper on the O's season. So I'd prefer the Yanks injuries were all self-inflicted in comically ridiculous ways.

I am with you there, completely. Let's get another win tonight.

Sounds like a plan! :beerchug1:

I traded in my ticket for tonight's game (I just don't like paying prime prices to see the terrible Red Sox), so you know the Orioles will kill it tonight. I went to their one loss in Cleveland and missed watching the Belmont Stakes for it!

Would you agree that it is possible that the Orioles may choose to reduce payroll rather than increase it?

Unlikely unless some of your more apocalyptic MASN scenarios come to pass. Or Congress acts on a far-reaching bill that allows people to pay 25 cents per cable channel that they want, and no more.

Would it have been fair to demote Britton to setup man, after the season he threw last year?

I think they could have resigned Miller and still kept Britton as closer. I would have coined "high leverage reliever" and named Miller that guy. Then in the 7th or 8th inning, he can be used in those high leverage situations where you need a guy with closer type stuff to come in and get out of a jam.

With the money he would be making, I doubt he'd care if he was the closer or not. Despite his arm woes, I still think he was the guy we should have been aggressive in resigning.

I think they could have resigned Miller and still kept Britton as closer. I would have coined "high leverage reliever" and named Miller that guy. Then in the 7th or 8th inning, he can be used in those high leverage situations where you need a guy with closer type stuff to come in and get out of a jam.

With the money he would be making, I doubt he'd care if he was the closer or not. Despite his arm woes, I still think he was the guy we should have been aggressive in resigning.

Wow-thank you so much for posting. I wanted to sign Cruz and understood not signing Miller. However, you posting this goes a long way on this board. Thank you.

I know you didn't ask me, but anway... two, except I'd be wary of the media feeling bad for the Yanks and putting a damper on the O's season. So I'd prefer the Yanks injuries were all self-inflicted in comically ridiculous ways.

Well, I think there's a good chance that both of the Carpenter trades backfire on them. That'd be somewhat humorous. Giggle-worthy at minimum.

Archived