No-Hitter/Perfect Game Watch Thread

ArtVanDelay

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
OFFNY said:

o

(OCTOBER 5th, 2016)

Noah Syndergaard has a no-hitter through 5 innings of the Mets' Wildcard playoff game against the Giants.

The game is scoreless, with the Mets batting in the bottom of the 5th.

o

o

Syndegaard's no-hitter through was broken up with 2 outs in the 6th inning.

o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Does the "insanity" label mean it's something you expected Hyde to do (like using Kimbrel yesterday against the near-bottom of the Phillie lineup with a four-run lead) or not to do?  
    • Every time I see Nestor Cortes I think,”Damn, we sent him back.” The man responsible for that should have been fired…and was! The worst team in modern history couldn’t make room for a promising Rule 5 guy. Grrrrr
    • I would love to see Seattle win. They seem to have such a fun team even when they aren’t scoring, which is usually. But definitely they have some pitching
    • That's an incredibly harsh response to a remarkably thoughtful poster who was quoting a rather reputable pod cast that was asserting an extremely controversial subject. You have definitely lived up to your moniker. You could have just disagreed without taking a personal shot. 
    • In continuance of the discussion in the Bradisch thread re: Cowser as an "elite" OF: I think as the game slows for him he will be an plus defender in LF, hopefully with the Orioles.  However I argued his arm is not yet reliable and while there are little or no stats available that measure accuracy (as opposed to velocity) Savant places him around ~90th among OF's for the most important stat-advance attempts-far behind Hays whose arm is much more respected at #10, Tony and even Mullins "noodle arm" rate much higher.  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/baserunning?type=Fld&sortColumn=rate_safe&sortDirection=asc  In each of the measurable arm metrics (other than velocity) he is far from "elite".  For advances/attempts to advance above average/succesful advances he is around ~90 in MLB and last among Orioles OF. When you juxtapose Hays's numbers onto CC one thing is evident-Hays has a well earned rep and guys generally don't run on him-guys at this point don't respect CC's arm.
    • I suspect it's because Urias has been hitting much better. I think Westburg/Mateo is better defensively, but it's not a big gap. Good chance this will be a close, low-scoring game. I like having Mateo on the bench in a close game so he can create a run, and some havoc, as a pinch-runner (especially when Mullins is in the starting lineup). Though it doesn't show in the boxscore, his feints from first base were a big factor yesterday.
  • Popular Contributors