Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

I tend to agree. I'm not sure Mancini is a top 10 prospect for Baltimore if we are including recent draftees. If Cisco isn't a catcher I don't think he's a top 100 guy, and I'd probably have him below Davies considering proximity to contribution, and maybe Reys/Wright/Givens as well.

Well great news. If Trey Mancini isn't a top 10 prospect in our organization then we must have a pretty good system. The system is not as bad as people think. Just look at it in terms of production. It's not a stretch to say that next year we will produce

Davies 5th Starter

Givens Set up man

Alvarez RF'er

Walker/Mancini 1B/DH

Unless we have top 10 draft picks every year, our system is always going to be ranked low. Why? Because we don't sign big money international talent, and lets face it, lists are biased to those guys. We always have a barren system but we continue to produce MLB level players. I'd rather have results than rankings. We are NEVER going to have those consistently because we don't spend money on 16 year olds. Get over it. Not directed at you at all Stotle. Just liked your quote.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be pretty upset if we do nothing.

We need to either decide we are going for it this season and make moves to improve the team for this season (corner outfielder is the glaring need) or we decide we aren't going for it this season and trade away some of the pending FA's to improve ourselves for the future. Standing pat is unacceptable and says that this team does not have a direction.

I disagree with you. Sorry.

I will be pretty upset if we do nothing.

We need to either decide we are going for it this season and make moves to improve the team for this season (corner outfielder is the glaring need) or we decide we aren't going for it this season and trade away some of the pending FA's to improve ourselves for the future. Standing pat is unacceptable and says that this team does not have a direction.

I think we should do nothing. There is no named mentioned that gets me excited. We should not take on other teams problems and deal prospects for the privelege imo

We always have a barren system but we continue to produce MLB level players. I'd rather have results than rankings.

What are you basing that on? What's your summary of the players the O's have produced, and how does that list compare to those of other teams?

If Bundy and Harvey were 100% healthy the O's would not trade them. They haven't until now and wouldn't if they were 100%,

This reminds me of 2013 when the O's were negotiating for Bud Norris. The Astros had to have Bundy or Gausman. The deal would not happen without them according to the media. At the deadline the O's traded Hader, Hoes and a compensation pick for Norris.

Wright, Walker and a compensation pick is as good as what the O's offered in 2013 for Norris.

If Bundy and Harvey were 100% healthy the O's would not trade them. They haven't until now and wouldn't if they were 100%,

This reminds me of 2013 when the O's were negotiating for Bud Norris. The Astros had to have Bundy or Gausman. The deal would not happen without them according to the media. At the deadline the O's traded Hader, Hoes and a compensation pick for Norris.

Wright, Walker and a compensation pick is as good as what the O's offered in 2013 for Norris.

Disagreed. I think wright and Walker are both better prospects than their counterparts in that comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to sources in and outside the organization, every indication is that Duquette will make at least one deal by Friday afternoon, though it is not expected to be a blockbuster.

According to several sources, the Orioles continue to have talks with various clubs, specifically about acquiring an outfielder to improve the club's woeful offensive production from left field. Included among the Orioles' top targets are Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra and Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Ben Revere, sources say.

Earlier this week, the Orioles felt that the asking price on all of the potentially available outfielders was too high, but the hope is that as the 11th hour approaches and fewer teams are looking to buy, the prices will drop.

Several of the Orioles? targets have already come off the board. The team was in discussions with the Cleveland Indians for David Murphy and Brandon Moss, but both were traded elsewhere this week.

During his pregame press conference Thursday, Orioles manager Buck Showalter wouldn?t mention names, but said that the price for potential outfield help has been steep.

"Dan's brought some things around that?s going on. But I'm sure there's a lot going around. It's pretty hot and heavy," Showalter said. "There's been some guys that have gone that we had talked about. " But if I told you who they were asking for for them, you'd say, "Of course, you won't do that."

Teams have asked about the availability of right-hander Kevin Gausman, but one source said that Gausman would not be traded no matter the potential deal. Minor league pitchers Mike Wright and Mychal Givens also have been pursued, but it doesn?t appear the Orioles want to part with either.

The Orioles' lack of organizational depth and the competition for proven talent has seemingly taken the team out of the mix for players such as Justin Upton, Carlos Gonzalez and Yoenis Cespedes, unless the asking price drops dramatically Friday, one source said.

source - Dan Connolly

If the price is too steep just sink or swim with this .500 club don't go get another DeAza (That's NOT GOING FOR IT IMHO :rolleyestf:) and give away a good prospect, lord knows the O's need all of them they can get and beside this club needs more then ONE bat IMHO.

Fully understand that its TOO LATE now but this team missed a GOOD opportunity to stock the shelves and sell.

So hoping that there's some offense and pitching left and we sneak into a 2nd WC. :confused:

If the price is too steep just sink or swim with this .500 club don't go get another DeAza (That's NOT GOING FOR IT IMHO :rolleyestf:) and give away a good prospect, lord knows the O's need all of them they can get and beside this club needs more then ONE bat IMHO.

But honestly De Aza was a beast down the stretch last year for us. He helped us finish where we did.

Archived