Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It certainly does, Drungo. It certainly does.

pinkhat_display_image.jpg

10966105_w9forty_fashionessential940_balori_pinkglow_3ql.tif&wid=380&cvt=jpeg

You're just trying to rile me up! I think. What are you saying? I'm a bandwagon Duquette fan? But I'm a Oriole die hard, I wore my O's hat in public the day they lost their 21st straight in '88. I'm so confused. Do I need to stick with Duquette after he's run the team into the ground to prove my bona fides?

You're just trying to rile me up! I think. What are you saying? I'm a bandwagon Duquette fan? But I'm a Oriole die hard, I wore my O's hat in public the day they lost their 21st straight in '88. I'm so confused. Do I need to stick with Duquette after he's run the team into the ground to prove my bona fides?

Just having fun; I don't think you need to prove your fandom. If anything, maybe throttle back the fandom just a smidgen during some of the message board discussions, haha.

I'm on my way. With two young kids that will be starting their trek down the road of fandom in the coming years I'm sure I'll be reverting to "give me a fun season to follow and I'm not going to sweat the details" mode. The question is, will they be Orioles fans? :D Brewers? :) Nats? :o Cubs? :scratchchinhmm: Red Sox? :eek:

Well, I've managed to raise two kids up here in the Land of the Evil Empire and they would both list the O's as their favorite team.

... kids gotta eat, am I right?

I am really setting my kids up for a rough go at school life if I run them into those halls wearing Notre Dame and Chicago Cubs gear...

LOL! I tell my kids, You follow my teams or you will be disowned. There is no such thing as the Reds, Indians, Bengals, Browns or Buckeyes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/weirdnewsvideo/8872768/Fireworks-mistakenly-set-off-all-at-once-at-display-in-Scotland.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L6QtigLJD_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, it happens with young guys the first time around.

LOL, speaking strictly on 4th of July shows.. rather have that one minute show that then drawn out 20min show. Less people to deal with. :laughlol:

Personally, I don't think it's hard to put a team together in the age of Sabermetrics and good scouting.

You understand that everyone else has access to all those things and much, much, more, and are also trying to acquire all the good players you're looking at, right?

You understand that everyone else has access to all those things and much, much, more, and are also trying to acquire all the good players you're looking at, right?

Yes, and that's point.. today, the difference between a play off team and not making it is a players meeting their saber.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> will be buyers at trade deadline and the way the next week play out won't change that philosophy</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well that is just nuts.

If the O's go 1-6 over the next week then they shouldn't be buying.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> will be buyers at trade deadline and the way the next week play out won't change that philosophy</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Well that is just nuts.

You know your body, Gary.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette said <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> will be buyers at trade deadline and the way the next week play out won't change that philosophy</p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Well that is just nuts.

Unbelievable.

I am slowly losing confidence in our GM.

To me, there is a good chance here to get some good prospects (better than the comp picks) and help this team long term. To ignore that is irresponsible.

And let me add, I usually am lobbying for "going for it".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable.

I am slowly losing confidence in our GM.

To me, there is a good chance here to get some good prospects (better than the comp picks) and help this team long term. To ignore that is irresponsible.

And let me add, I usually am lobbying for "going for it".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picks, Picks, Picks...

Archived