Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

Realistically, it'd be extremely hard to be a top 50 prospect while being a 23 year old in AA. Because of age, I'd think Sisco's probably a higher ranked prospect than Mancini.

I tend to agree. I'm not sure Mancini is a top 10 prospect for Baltimore if we are including recent draftees. If Cisco isn't a catcher I don't think he's a top 100 guy, and I'd probably have him below Davies considering proximity to contribution, and maybe Reys/Wright/Givens as well.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure his stock has still taken a big hit with the injuries. I wasn't including him and Bundy for that reason. I'm sure there is interest but other teams have healthy prospects to deal.

He's young enough that unless the physicals were very bad that the injury wouldn't really deter me.

He's young enough that unless the physicals were very bad that the injury wouldn't really deter me.

Fair enough. If I were going to move him, I'd rather do it when I perceived he was more valuable outside of the organization. However, if you want to buy there aren't many other options.

I will be pretty upset if we do nothing.

We need to either decide we are going for it this season and make moves to improve the team for this season (corner outfielder is the glaring need) or we decide we aren't going for it this season and trade away some of the pending FA's to improve ourselves for the future. Standing pat is unacceptable and says that this team does not have a direction.

Thats because we do not have anybody in our minor league system that has any real trade value. Harvey and Bundy have little to no value because of the injury issues. We are not the Kansas City Royals. We do not have two top 100 pitching prospects to trade, much less two top 100 pitching prospects to trade leaving us 3 more still in the system. We have managed ourselves into a hole. We absolutely cannot be buyers, we have no currency to buy with. This team has two choices. Stand pat and hope to get hot, or sell. Period.

I think you're right that we don't have the horses to get a marquee name. But the Orioles do have enough to upgrade the bullpen and perhaps corner outfield or 1B. We got K-Rod for Nick Delmonico a couple of years ago, and we got Travis Snider for Steven Brault and Stephen Tarpley. We have prospects who are as good as Delmonico, Brault and Tarpley.

I tend to agree. I'm not sure Mancini is a top 10 prospect for Baltimore if we are including recent draftees. If Cisco isn't a catcher I don't think he's a top 100 guy, and I'd probably have him below Davies considering proximity to contribution, and maybe Reys/Wright/Givens as well.

I still think Davies is a top 100 guy at the end of the season. He may not be flashy but his numbers at his age have to start getting him noticed. I think Cisco will be close as well. If Harvey comes back i could see him in the mid 60s' Davies and Cisco in the 80 to 90 range.

I think you're right that we don't have the horses to get a marquee name. But the Orioles do have enough to upgrade the bullpen and perhaps corner outfield or 1B. We got K-Rod for Nick Delmonico a couple of years ago, and we got Travis Snider for Steven Brault and Stephen Tarpley. We have prospects who are as good as Delmonico, Brault and Tarpley.

To get anyone of significance I think we would have to move Gausman or Sisco unless it is a salary dump situation. We can definitely afford to take on some salary with how much we have coming off the books for 2016.

OK, but a K-Rod or Snider will do nothing to help this team compete this year. In fact I would like to un-do both of those deals in hindsight. So for me, it is time to sell.

I still think Davies is a top 100 guy at the end of the season. He may not be flashy but his numbers at his age have to start getting him noticed. I think Cisco will be close as well. If Harvey comes back i could see him in the mid 60s' Davies and Cisco in the 80 to 90 range.

No way does Davies get ranked in the top 100 by BA or any other major publication. Doesn't mean he can't be a valuable piece for us next season and beyond. Harvey and Bundy have a shot depending on how they look at injured players with no return date in sight, I could easily see them getting left off. Sisco may sneak in the top 100 on the back end and I think that's it.

And not being big players in the international market.

And concentrating resources on providing ML depth.

Until this problem is corrected, this team will continue to struggle with the number of legit prospects they have.

Its like going into a boxing match with one arm tied behind your back against a foe of near equal skill. Your likely gonna not do so well and that is reflected in the continued poor state of the O's talent stream.

No way does Davies get ranked in the top 100 by BA or any other major publication. Doesn't mean he can't be a valuable piece for us next season and beyond. Harvey and Bundy have a shot depending on how they look at injured players with no return date in sight, I could easily see them getting left off. Sisco may sneak in the top 100 on the back end and I think that's it.

Davies is just 22 and putting up numbers as good as anyone at AAA in all of baseball. He ranks in the top 5 in ERA in all AAA for guys who still have prospect status and is atleast 2 years younger then every one ahead of him.

I think you'll see Bundy and Harvey stick around in the Top 100 and that's it. Too much low-minors talent for Reyes/Sisco to stand out, especially if Sisco isn't long term fit at catcher. If he's a backstop, maybe there is an argument. But lots of good HiA talent floating around this year.

Davies is just 22 and putting up numbers as good as anyone at AAA in all of baseball. He ranks in the top 5 in ERA in all AAA for guys who still have prospect status and is atleast 2 years younger then every one ahead of him.

He also is averaging 7.6 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9, neither of which is great. He has a 2.25 ERA in Norfolk, compared to 3.41 on the road in an IL with a league ERA of 3.63. Minor league numbers may not tell the whole story, but his numbers are not outstanding. By my count he's 16th in the International League in ERA among pitchers with 10+ starts.

Archived